1 month post op and terrified!

katie G.
on 10/16/12 11:51 am
Yes i know. I dont need the lectures about this being a not so good situation. I just found out today and plan to call my dr tomorrow.... im freaking out.... everything that could go wrong is racing around in my head including losing the pregnancy... i was hoping for some words of advice for those that may have been or are in similar situations. Oh i had rny on sept 11th. And know i concieved 2 weeks ago... i know its crazy sson in the pregnancy but im still racing. Thanks in advance.
Celia S.
on 10/16/12 3:12 pm - Grand Junction, CO
First off, try to calm down a little bit. You are not the first and certainly won't be the last woman to go through pregnacy sooner than suggested after surgery. I, myself was 5.5 months post op when I got pregnant and there was a woman consoling me who was 2 months post op when she got pregnant. I was also freaking out imagining all the bad things that could happen, but I'm happy to say I'm now 33 weeks pregnant with a very healthy baby boy and have had absolutely ZERO complications.

You're taking the right steps by contacting your doctor immediately. Also, as scary as it might seem, it's a good idea to make your surgeon a part of your prenatal care if at all possible. Your surgeon will know best what labs need to be run and watched throughout your pregnancy.

Your biggest challenge is going to be getting enough nutrition. You need to talk to your nut ASAP for advice. I could tell you what I have done, but you're still healing and likely still haven't progressed to solid foods (though I don't know what your eating plan is).

Best of luck to you and prayers for a happy, healthy 9 months!
Celia S.
on 10/16/12 3:13 pm - Grand Junction, CO
Oh and absolutely do NOT skip out on your vitamins!
stephkaz
on 10/16/12 3:14 pm - IL
 Im not here to lecture you.  I am actually waiting to see if I am in the same boat.   Im 2 months post op.  I hope you and your baby will make it through ok.  Just relax and speak with your doctor and get a high risk OBG/YN to take care of you.  I dont know if you are spiritual in any way, but please accept my prayers.  

Take Care of yourself...
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

katie G.
on 10/16/12 10:18 pm
thanks for the words of encouragment. vitamins are a def and I've b een being extra sure to choke down those protien shakes... todays goal extra water too... one day at a ttime right... trying to stay positive but prepare for the worst just in case if that makes any sense at all.
Time_for_Monica
on 10/17/12 4:33 am - Levittown, NY
Defnitely get to your doctor right away so he/she can tell you what to start doing. Try to get in as much food as you possibly can. . I know thats difficult to do only one month post op. ..but protein is the most important right now and your vitamins and start pre-natals too and take an extra folic acid. 

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

katie G.
on 10/17/12 9:51 am
I got ahold of my surgeons office today... they've got me an appt first thing tomorrow morning... and one of the nurses actually mentioned it is possible I could have been preg just b4 surgery. idk what ways up right now... just going to go tomorrow and take everything in. so I'm hoping tomorrow I get some questgions answered thanks for all ur support!
rthomas
on 10/17/12 9:53 am - bham, AL
whew!! Well I was 3 mnths post op when i got pregnant talk to ur doc about it u may need to see a high risk doc u will still lose weight take ur vitamins and b12 calcium drink ur water n juice take it easy dont worry about if ur eating enough oh yea take ur protein i was very sick the first 5 mnths well he will be 2 next month 3 1/2 mnths later i got pregnant again she is one now and im a currently 2 mnths pregnant it can be done God is the reason just pray and hang in there
katie G.
on 10/18/12 9:51 am
Met w my surgeon today and he didnt seem too concerned. He stressed fluid and protien and that it was ok to still lose weight at this point and to relax. He told me to contact my ob/gyn and said that being post op doesnt make me any higher risk than being obese... by the way im 60lbs lighter than when i got preg for my son so im lookin forward to looking pregnant lol. Im going to remain reserved until i pass the first trimester mark tho. My ob is going to see me nov 1st. And im going to follow up w monthly w my surgeon. He told me to take my vitamins (fusion) to my ob and see what he may want to add. Needless to say alot of my worries were a little eased today. Now its just the reg pregnancy worries. So glad this isnt my first. It will be the second for both my boyfriend and i but our first together. Were not clueing our boys in anytime soon (3&10).
Thanks again for ur positive words and prayers!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1277 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views