Is the medical community failing breast-feeding moms?

cryspyx
on 1/3/13 12:02 am - Hartford, CT

It's an interesting article.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/03/health/medical-breastfeeding/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Nikki M.
on 1/4/13 12:15 pm

THank you for posting this! I wish I read this back when I was desperately trying to breastfeed and driving myself crazy with lactation consulatants, pumping, and medications. I don't have enough milk producing tissue, period. And I felt like **** for way to long. Thank you :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

twert80
on 1/5/13 6:30 am

Don't rule out trying again if you have another baby.  My sister has 4 kiddos and nursed all of them.  However, with her last for some reason it just didn't work out.  Each baby is different for me the first was the hardest and my last (#3) has been a breeze.

megaflu
on 1/7/13 2:34 am - Bedford, PA

This is interesting.  After my LO decided to go on nursing strike 3 days after birth, I felt horrible for having to give formula since I couldn't pump enough.  Even though he started to be willing to nurse now, I still don't produce much while pumping but let him try nursing in the morning and night.  The lactation consultant's advice was to be patient and pump what I could and supplement the rest of the feedings.  Now that he is on Simulac Sensitive formula for most feedings and a Vent Aire bottle he seems happier.  Even the peditrician told me it may just be a milk  issue from my diet and probably best to give mostly formula instead of trying to figure out what is happening. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1241 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1324 views