Confirmed

LogansMommy
on 2/21/13 2:34 am - Marietta, GA

I am pregnant.

Dah!

The Midwife I met is nice. I will have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.

I am HIGH RISK, 38 yrs. old and WLS. I will see a perinatologist in a couple weeks. For u/s and HOPE testing, for chromosomal defects. If all looks ok, then that is when Logan will find out.

Happy Week you all!

IamMrsMcDole
on 2/21/13 3:02 am - Anderson, IN

YAH!!! So happy for you. I will keep you in my prayer and that miracle baby!!!

Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Alice P.
on 2/21/13 4:12 am

Why are you high risk???

I am 40 and wls but lower risk this pregnancy than my prior one when I was MO at 28 and 30!  I'm 30 weeks along and have had no real complications this time--last pregnancies they were watching me like a hawk due to blood pressure issues and did have pre-eclampsia with both!

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

SassySamara
on 2/21/13 5:52 am - San Antonio, TX

Congratulations! Thrilled for you. Are you HIgh Risk due to previous complications with other pregnancies. I know that they tried to deem me as high risk with the pregnancy with my son but it was solely due to WLS and I did not buy that so they let it go.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

nkusho
on 2/21/13 10:59 am

I just deliver my baby a little over 2 weeks ago, i will be 38 next month, i have VSG done in 2010 and i wasnt consider high risk, i had a natural deliver with no complications, the only problem i had was that i actually lost weight while i was pregnant but baby was great and my doctor wasnt concern at all. I did see the perinatologist as well as my regular OBGYN, he told me everything was great and wls patient tend to have healthier babies :). He check my vitamins levels thru my whole pregnancy and put me on some xtra vitamins but overall i had a pretty healthy pregnancy considering that with my 2 previous daughters i develop GD prior to having my surgery and this time around i was GD free.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/13 12:32 pm
Yay! Congratulations again mama!!!!! Save some room for me on the preggo side, I hope to join soon! ;-) haha
LogansMommy
on 2/21/13 4:53 pm, edited 2/21/13 4:56 pm - Marietta, GA
I posted this for my OH pals to know what's going on. My first pregnancy was not complicated. AMA has guidelines for high risk- maternal age is one, with that classification I see the doctor more often (once a month). One other thing- I myself had a birth defect. I have PCOS and this has been a long painful journey. Shalom
SassySamara
on 2/22/13 6:33 am - San Antonio, TX

Apologies if I offended you, I was just curious as to why they were deeming you as high risk, no intention to judge. You and your baby's health is most important and just wanted to share my personal experience.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

LogansMommy
on 2/22/13 7:25 am - Marietta, GA
Thank you. Just touchy...sorry. so many opinionated judging people. Plus the triage nurse did not help. But I just saw my doctor and he talked to me for a while...he said in a diplomatic way...she was wrong...he is happy for me and he added many woman early on are in a gray area for progesterone...thanks for your support!
tygercub82
on 2/22/13 2:14 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

Congrats!

I see my midwife once a month as well, as I did with my previous. I had a failed induction that led to a csection with my 1st at 37 1/2wks. with this one we are planning a Homebirth VBAC. I have no intentions of automatically have a csection just because the 1st was. Although every dr I have seen thinks I need to. I have had no problems and the only problem I had with my daughter which besides being almost 400lbs was low amniotic fluid.

I havent been classified as high risk with this one even though I am only 13months post op. 

Bottom line though, as long as YOU are happy with your decisions and you and the baby are healthy thats all that matters. 

Good luck to you!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 879 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1349 views