Pregnant and scared

brwneyz
on 2/26/13 12:28 am

Hello all, I am currently about 7 weeks pregnant with our third baby.  We are very excited, and after we needed medical help with our first two we were a bit surprised!  But I am also nervous and worried.  I am two years out of surgery so I was basically at an even keel in my weight loss and pretty OK with that.  With our son I was SO SICK, with our daughter I was fine, but am starting to get really sick again.  I'm so nervous because I have to eat crackers or something every hour or I throw up, and I can't have protein shakes because of the artificial sweetener.  I don't want to gain the weight back!!  One of the reasons I first took a test, even before I had missed my period, was because I had "gained" 10 lbs in a week and my jeans went from really big to tight in the stomach, but not the legs.  

I'm really, really nervous...how have you all handled anything similar to this??  I have nausea meds, but I still need to snack every hour or so.  

Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Lianne C.
on 2/26/13 6:02 am - Garden City, MI
Not sure, I have not gained anything this pregnancy, I can still wear pre pregnancy jeans and they are just a little snug now. I am 19 weeks today, last pregnancy (1st post op) was harder on me though. Don't go into it with the mindset of "the baby NEEDS me to eat the more fattening foods!" I would only snack on anything that sounded good during the first trimester and only a couple bites at a time! Not a whole meal, just something to make the stomach not hungry
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
brwneyz
on 2/26/13 6:08 am

This is my 1st pregnancy post op, but my 3rd overall.  So far it is close to my son's pregnancy when I only craved cold, healthy foods (pray it stays that way) such as fruit, salad, and then spaghetti with plain sauce so I use protein pasta.  With my son (1st pregnancy) I didn't need maternity clothes until I was 7 months, and with my daughter at 3 months, but my stomach started to swell much earlier...I just didn't need to fully switch.  So, I'm praying that my craving stay "healthy".  I was crying to my mom and she told me to calm down because I had gained the same amount that I normally do before my period, but like she said I didn't lose that weight with my period because I didn't have one.

Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Alice P.
on 2/26/13 10:19 am

I had no morning sickness with my 2 pre-op pregnancies which were boys but did with this pregnancy--which is a girl.  I just grazed thru the first trimester to get thru it and didn't gain at all 1st trimester while I was grazing probably because so few things appealed to me that even eating often pretzels, crackers etc I didn't eat a lot of other stuff.  I continued with my daily protein shake--I just looked mine up body fortress and it does have sucralose in it but I wasn't told I couldn't have any artificial sweetners.

My belly bloated up to the point that I couldn't wear regular pants by 9 or 10 weeks even with no weight gain.  I didn't gain till the 2nd trimester when I wa**** hard with carb cravings--but my weight gain has slowed down dramatically 3rd trimester.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1284 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 881 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1353 views