33w Pregnant after DS

Kaitlin D.
on 3/9/13 7:51 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently almost 33w pregnant with my first child, a boy... Due May 2!

I had the DS back in June 2009.

Had some questions regarding weight gain...  I've only gained about 9lbs.... all baby... anyone else with WLS had a hard time gaining weight during pregnancy... what about babies birth weight... on the smaller side? Just curious! Any Input would be great! =)

Thanks!!

If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never, give up!

HW/256 SW/248 CW/137 GW/140

*goal reached in 8 months*

* Proud Mommy to Parker Joseph 4/27/13 *

Alice P.
on 3/9/13 9:28 am

That's my due date too!! Only I have a scheduled c-section for 4/24 due to 2 previous c-sections and my age.

I am post RNY in February 2010--I haven't had issues gaining weight I'm up a little over 30 lbs!

Typically your weight gain has no reflection on the babies weight--when I was pregnant and MO they would have been happy for me to not gain any weight.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

SassySamara
on 3/10/13 3:55 am - San Antonio, TX

Congrats on your pregnancy! I did not have DS, I had RNY, but with both my 1st pregnancy, and now this one, I did have slow weight gain for first and second trimesters but it picked up thereafter and I had moderate/average weight gain, 29 lbs with my son, and will see what this pregnancy end result is in June. Like Alice said, your weight gain really does not accurately indicate weight gain of baby...you see some ladies who will gain 50+ lbs with pregnancy and have a 5 to 6 lb baby while others may gain 10-20 lbs if not less and have 9-10 lb babies. Has your OB expressed any concerns? Usually if so, they can do ultrasounds and other tests to check on development of baby and if they feel there is a failure to thrive/grow for the baby they will start taking other precautions/steps. As long as they are okay with it, you know you are eating/drinking well, taking your vitamins, etc I would say that things are well. Keep in mind you still hav about 7 weeks give or take left and that is when the baby really gears up for delivery and mainly just gains weight and develops lung maturity so you may see some gain in the home stretch too...Good Luck!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Kaitlin D.
on 3/11/13 10:24 am

Thank you ladies!!!!!!

If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never, give up!

HW/256 SW/248 CW/137 GW/140

*goal reached in 8 months*

* Proud Mommy to Parker Joseph 4/27/13 *

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1253 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1328 views