Two week waiting!

jessann5
on 3/22/13 12:45 am - Kansas City, KS

So I finished the very first ever round of  Clomid, Estadryl, and had my cycle day 12 ultrasound last Friday that reveled a small 16 cm follicle. The NP was not too worried, she thought maybe I just ovulate a little later and felt sure that the follicle would grow to 17cm (the minimum they want the follicle to be for the HCG)  within a day or two. So I self injected  HCG on Sunday morning Holy bat wings that was hard! You would of thought I was trying to talk myself into jumping off a cliff....geez I had no idea what a coward I was!

So the ovulation test strip was super positive on Monday The test side was noticeably darker than the control (first time that has ever happened for me) I won't go into detail, but If there was a snowballs chance in hell of getting pregnant on Monday, I think we took full advantage.

Anyway, that leaves me with a two week wait before the doctor wants me to take a pregnancy test. My period should be due around April 1st, so incase anyone was wondering, I will be officially crazy for two weeks.

On the bright side, my face is breaking out in a lovely rash of acne, oh insult to injury, why me! always me! :)~

anyway,  I am staying positive, hopeful and happy!

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

LogansMommy
on 3/22/13 2:34 am - Marietta, GA

Just to clarify, an ovulation test~ predicts ovulation to occur in 24-48 hours roughly for most brands.

I hope you continued to have intercourse the few days up to and after to +OPK.

Did you use sperm friendly lubrication, thin down your cervical mucus with Robitussin? Clomid can mess with your cervical mucus.

Happy and Healthy 2WW & 10 month journey~

Cheri

PS I had success with Clomid

Liz A.
on 3/22/13 3:40 pm - OH
I hate the dreaded two week wait! I am dud for my 2nd IUI on Monday but I have a really long literal phase 17 days and I never test early. Even with my son, 13 years ago, I have two weeks late before it tested positive.

I send many wishes your way! Stay busy it helps jerk your mind off things and the wait goes a tiny bit faster. Good luck!!!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 879 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1349 views