10 weeks pg - 3 years post op RNY

kipz303
on 8/2/13 5:31 pm

VERY nervous lately! I go through bouts of being really happy about the baby and then I'm nervous, just hoping everything goes okay!

On August 13th I'll be exactly 3 years post op RNY. I am currently 10 months post op belt lipectomy with abdominoplasty. (basically a lower body lift with an anchor cut) 

Had an US 2 weeks ago and saw the heartbeat. Had another US today and saw the heartbeat. Baby is 4cm. Still too early to HEAR the heartbeat but we can see it fluttering. 

I was sort of wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant after plastics? I have some cramping ..very VERY light. I put my hand on the spot and it goes away. I'm almost wondering if it's just extra muscle pain as my abdominal muscles stretch back out? (they were stitched during my plastics) I have some spotting but my OB said it's normal at this stage and is more than likely final stages of implantation. 

This is my first child so I don't know what aches and pains are normal. None of the OBGYN's in my area are very versed on Gastric bypass either. (I had to inform them that I will NOT be doing the glucose tolerance test) Just sort  of looking for support from someone who knows what I'm going through. Would sure help! That and I just need to talk to people who understand the "fat girl gone skinny but trying not to get TOO big during pregnancy" brain. It'll be worth it all in the end - I just need to convince my brain of that!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

SassySamara
on 8/5/13 9:29 am - San Antonio, TX
Hey there....

All your anxiety is totally normal. I got pregnant with my daughter just 4 months after plastics whi*****luded a TT. I had lots of pain and tightness but nothing too extreme . I was worried she would not have room to grow but she was fine and I carried to 39 weeks and she was born at 7 lbs 13 oz which was more than her brother weighed when I had him....also post surgery but before plastics. I am now almost 9 weeks post delivery and back to per pregnancy weight and my stomach is almost as flat as it was before. I plan to get back to gym soon for toning and I do feel tight and pulling in my ab area which I think is the muscles going back. Also you may not show much....I am 5 ft 9 and weighed 163 before pregnancy and gained 40 lbs but never got a huge belly . With my son it was same but more due to the excess stretched skin I think and with daughter the opposite .

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Cannady L.
on 9/29/13 9:09 am

I'm in my first pregnancy, too, but I never had plastics. I'm 7 years postRNY.

I can tell you, even without plastics, that abdominal cramping is normal, especially later. You'll get round ligament pain around your uterus, and eventually maybe even "Braxton Hicks," or practice labor pains.

In terms of the glucose test: You can ask for a modified test, which is what I did. I did not have the glucose drink. I just ate half a banana and had a small glass of grape juice. I was worried about dumping, but it was OK. Passed with flying colors, too.
RNY in June of 2006. Lost 100 lbs and maintaining. "Good carb" veggie diet + fish.Fertility issues (due to age) for 3 years. 1 m/c. Tried IUI and IVF. Currently pg and due January 2013. Taking Bariatric Advantage chewable multivitamin, iron, Calcium citrate, dry Vitamin D, and Omega-3 (salmon oil). My avatar is a picture of my Bast statue; Bast is an Egyptian fertility goddess who protects cats and pregnant women. :) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views