Pregnancy After TT

saletiajohnson
on 8/14/13 7:35 am - anchorage, AK

Hi All!

I am getting a TT in October. I was advised by my baby doctor NOT to do this. She said in her experience that when someone gets pregnant after this procedure that its super painful. She said this lady she had was in pain ALL THE TIME. I find this hard to believe. Did you get a tummy tuck before pregnancy? What was your experience? My insurance is covering this and I just don't want to pass up this opportunity.

ladyecko1984
on 8/14/13 8:47 am - WA

i was told by my doctor to wait until after i have my kids  because of the stretching of the muscles  which is already painful when you don't have a tt .. good luck with what ever you decide, unless you plan on waiting years i  would not  do it until after the  kid insurance will still pay for it  after the kid.

SassySamara
on 8/15/13 8:04 am - San Antonio, TX
I had a TT in May of 2012 and got pregnant in Sept of same year. We did treatments with my son who is almost 6 so was shocked to get a BFP but thrilled. My daughter was born on June 2nd so almost 3 months ago now. I gained 40 lbs and have since lost it all... I am 5 ft 9. At 39 weeks preggo I looked more like 5 months mainly due to the TT and height too. I did have pain in my incision areas around the hip bones towards end of pregnancy and did feel tightness. Now postpartum I feel tightening a lot but I think it is due to muscles tightening back. My scar is a bit thicker than I would like also in the hip area but worth it to me. I would say my stomach is about same as after post TT and anything is better than how it was before. Ideally I would have waited longer to conceive but God's blessings come as they may. Some say I wasted my money on the PS but I disagree

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Cannady L.
on 9/29/13 9:05 am

I considered it, but realized that the pregnancy would probably undo a lot of the TT appearance. It seems to make more sense to get all of your childbearing out of the way first, and THEN do the TT. Best results all around that way, especially if you end up with a C-section. The TT could possibly get rid of the scar!

What I'm seeing, at 7 mos pg, is that I don't have stretch marks or belly discomfort yet. I had extra skin, as we all do, so right now, the LOOSE skin from the weight loss is a bonus.

RNY in June of 2006. Lost 100 lbs and maintaining. "Good carb" veggie diet + fish.Fertility issues (due to age) for 3 years. 1 m/c. Tried IUI and IVF. Currently pg and due January 2013. Taking Bariatric Advantage chewable multivitamin, iron, Calcium citrate, dry Vitamin D, and Omega-3 (salmon oil). My avatar is a picture of my Bast statue; Bast is an Egyptian fertility goddess who protects cats and pregnant women. :) 
Kellawanda
on 11/12/13 8:47 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with

I know you posted this awhile ago but I had a lower body lift....in essence a more intense tummy tuck. I'm 39 weeks pregnant, no unusual pains...nothing more than some occasional stretching that I would expect any pregnant woman to have. If you click on my blog link I've been making updates on youtube. There are a few other women who've also posted their results of pregnancy after TT. I have not gotten any new stretch marks expect in the past week I am starting to think if I go much longer I may get some as I started noticing some extremely faint/very small purple marks that were not there before on the very top of my abdomen below my chest. His big booty sits there and I think that it is stretching it lol. 

www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views