Fallen bander- back on track

susann64
on 1/1/12 8:08 am - just south of cincinnati oh, KY
So, confessions of a fallen bander. I have had my band for about 3 1/2 years. My band was my best friend for the first 2 1/2, but the last year has been a major struggle for me. I lost 88 pounds, just 15 from my true goal. I ended up pregnant, very unexpectedly...twice and lost both babies. I have a lot of baggage, including the loss of my 16 year old daughter almost 8 years ago, and needless to say,after 27 years of infertility to find myself unexplectedly expecting (even at 46) and then to lose it (twice) was devastating. I went through a horrible time emotionally, and the bottom line is I have finally come out on the other side of my loss....30 pounds heavier. I am disappointed in myself, but determined to get back on track and get that 30 PLUS the other 15 off. Has anyone else found themselves at the bottom of a downhill slide and have advice for me. I would greatly appreciate the support. Sorry for the length of my post.
Angelica M.
on 1/3/12 7:54 am - Hobart, OK
 Oh wow hon! You have my support!  I am so sorry for your losses.  You can get back on the wagon and get to where you want to go. 
Kim H.
on 1/3/12 9:33 pm - Duluth, MN
Wow, you have been through a lot! My sympathies for your losses! That said, I know how much you want this to be successful. You can count on us here for support. Be gentle with yourself, but know that you CAN and WILL get back on track. Love and prayers!

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 1/7/12 7:43 am
I just got my band in May of 2011 so I am still a newbie.  I do want to say that you are a strong and resilient woman.  You can do this and you will.  I am extremely sorry for your losses.  I just want to encourage you to get back on the wagon.  You can do it.  You have already shown that you can.  Good luck.

Tom C.
on 1/11/12 5:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Susann,

Sorry for all you went through, and know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Know we're here for you, and if you ever need help; someone to vent to; or a shoulder to cry on, you couldn't find a better bunch of folks.

With that said, I would strongly suggest contacting your Doctor an discuss all this. I would also suggest speaking to a Nutritionists, and maybe your Psych eval Doctor, and go to support groups. This is a long rough road, and doing it gets easier when we have all the proper tools and/or support we need.

Good luck on your journey!!! I know you can do it.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active