Edamole: edamame + guacamole Yum!

lala285
on 1/21/13 1:23 am - OK
VSG on 08/06/12

Had to share this recipe I got from my nutritionist. I like guacamole, and I dare say I like this even better! It is great as a veggie dip (or chip dip if you can make chips part of your healthy eating habits). I like to put a spoonful on top of my scrambled egg whites. It would be great as a sandwich/pita spread, too! The edamame (soybeans) adds fiber and protein.

Edamame Guacamole (or “edamole”)

Ingredients: 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped into chunks ¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt ½-1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional) Note: I didn’t have that and just used some ground cayenne to add some kick and I think it turned out fine 1/3  bunch cilantro, chopped 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or put through a garlic press 1/4 white onion, chopped 1/2 lime, Juice of Spinach, raw, fresh (a handful) 1/3 tsp cumin (I added more because I love cumin, but use it to your taste) Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste   Directions:
  • Boil the edamame for 5 minutes, rinse with cold water and drain.
  • Then put all of the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until desired consistency. Add a little water if you want it thinner.

HW: 291   SW: 273   CW: 168  GW: 153

M1: -22 lbs   M2: -18 lbs  M3: -13 lbs  M4: -10 lbs  M5: -5 lbs   M6: -9 lbs  M7: -5 lbs  M8: -9 lbs  M9: -10 lbs  M10: +3 lbs M11: ? M12: -2 lbs  Stair-step loser.

Most Active