Looking for breakfast muffin recipe

Katiebear291
on 1/2/14 11:21 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Hi I am looking for a muffing recipe that would be good for breakfast and snaks and has at least 10-15g of protein and low on calories .. probably made with oatmeal.

I cant tolerate most breakfast foods like eggs or yogurt but i am usually ok with eggs added as part of a recipe.

would appreciate any links or alternative suggestions.

Thanks - katie

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

zestyrelic
on 1/4/14 2:27 am

I just saw one at "chocolatecoveredkatie.com" that sounds good, maybe you could find something there that would work for you...

zestyrelic
on 1/4/14 2:28 am

I just saw one at "chocolatecoveredkatie.com" that sounds good, maybe you could find something there that would work for you...

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 11:05 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Check out  theworldaccordingtoeggface.com  shelly has i know right off hand 3 muffins, a chocolate, a berry, and a fall recipe I beleive she has tons of really good recipes.

momjan
on 2/1/14 7:53 am - Canada

How about the old standby of `Muffin in a Mug`.  I spray a large coffee mug with pam, drop in an egg, 1 scoop of soy protein or other protein powder (not whey isolate; it lumps when cooked at a high temperature), a bit of flavoured extract, sugar/sugar substitute, some nuts, chopped fruit or cocoa powder and about 1/8 tsp baking powder.  Stir it all up and microwave it about 60 seconds.  Dump out and eat.  You can add cinnamon, any other spices, even remove the sugar and add cubed cheddar for a savory muffin.   They do not keep well; they are eat immediately as they get very dry otherwise....quick to make!  You will get about 20-25 g. protein from the protein powder and 9 grams from the egg, so it is very good for you.

Most Active