Good News Bad News

Lisam724
on 6/2/11 9:29 pm - Cheshire, CT
Well I went to see my doctor yesterday and he looked at my ct scan ( I went to go see him for hernia repair ) Well he looked at the ct scans and everything looks good but.... when I has my GBS in 2002 the doctor never did the RYN he only stapled right down the middle of my stomach and that was it so I lost wait and then it stretched back out so no I am going to go in for a revision / corrective surgery going in for a upper GI then I'm on my way. 

Lisa
Stacey-71
on 6/3/11 7:37 am - OH
OH MY! Thats awful! Hope you get things cleared up!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/11 11:42 pm - Bayonne, NJ
If you were supposed to have an RNY and didn't receive one, sue. That's malpractice.
heathercross
on 6/5/11 8:48 am - New York, NY

That COULD be malpractice.  Do you have a copy of what you were previosly approved for?  If you can call your old insurance company and get your approval and also what the CPT codes you could sue him. If it was cash/self-pay, unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you have a paper trail.

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 11:38 am - San Jose, CA
In some states, you have 2 years from the date of discovery of the malpractice to sue, or you lose your right to sue.  The clock is running.  Go talk to a lawyer NOW.  You will need to get documentation of what was supposed to be done vs. what WAS done, and that could take some time.

The RNY is a sucky enough tool, but a stomach stapling is next to worthless.
Most Active