Attn: Revision from band to DS'ers...

Amy_Kleve
on 7/16/11 1:33 pm - Adrian, MN
I'm getting really nervous about my up-coming revision surgery in almost 2 weeks.
I'm wondering how different the DS will feel from my band. I'm afraid I will still be hungry all the time, only will be harder to eat for some reason.

Could band to DS'ers tell me the differences that you experienced between the 2 surgeries, if any?
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Duck_Girl
on 7/17/11 8:18 pm
Well, I am a band to RNY and its night and day for me!

I went in the OR starving and woke up without a thought of food. I am now 6 days post op and havvent even felt the urge to eat ffood or even want food.

The only difference frome me is that after a sip or  2 of water im full for a few minutes which is a huge PLUS!!

Good luck I am sure you will do great!

Amy_Kleve
on 7/18/11 9:41 am - Adrian, MN
Thank you, I'm SO glad to hear that revisions are being so successful! I'm glad your revision was a success toooo

MsBatt
on 7/18/11 5:12 am
I never had a Band, but as a pre-op I was hungry ALL THE TIME. Seriously---even when stuffed full, I still *wanted* more.

Since my DS---over seven years ago---things are SO different. I have 'normal' hunger now, and feel full and satisfied with 'normal' portions. Something about removing not only all that excess stomach tissue but also reducing the amount of ghrelin our bodies make really did the trick for me.
Amy_Kleve
on 7/18/11 9:42 am - Adrian, MN
I can't wait to feel full again, removing the stomach tissue and most of the ghrelin producing part of the stomach was one of the biggest reasons why I wanted the DS :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 8:54 am - TX
Amy,

I am following you like a shadow!!  My band to DS revision isn't until November 7th....you'll probably be down 50lbs by the time i go under the knife.   good luck!
Amy_Kleve
on 7/24/11 12:48 pm - Adrian, MN
Thanks, I will definitely be on here as soon as i feel up to it to let everyone know how it went

Most Active
Recent Topics