Revision from VSG to RNY?!?

Melissa L.
on 7/19/11 4:21 am
I'm almost a year out from getting the VSG. I've lost 84 lbs, but I still need to lose another 70 lbs. Its been a struggle to lose this additional weight. Has anyone had a revision from the VSG to RNY? I'm just curious. I'm afraid, I'm going to be fat girl forever!!!! smh Ugh!  
The only regret I have is that I didn't to it sooner!!!! 

Amy_Kleve
on 7/19/11 11:09 am - Adrian, MN
Have you looked in to duodenal switch? I've heard the VSG is the first part of the DS, wouldnt it be easier to rivise to the DS?
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

MsBatt
on 7/19/11 3:30 pm
Please, please, PLEASE don't butcher your perfectly good Sleeve into an RNY! You already have the stomach portion of a DS, the form of WLs with the very BEST long-term, maintained weight loss stats. Contact any qualified DS surgeon---you can find a list of them at www.dsfacts.com---and see about adding the intestinal 'switch' to your Sleeve.
Zee Starrlite
on 7/20/11 2:12 am
The next "natural" step is the Duodenal Switch.  Please do not revise to a RNY.  You have the 1st part of the stomach part of the Duodenal Switch now you would just add the intestinal part.  You need a DS surgeon.

It is okay to need the 2nd part!

Please only DS.  You need not have your stomach touched again, only your intestines for malabsorbtion with the Duodenal Switch.  You must keep your pyloric valve in tact as it is with your VSG.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 5:06 am - ewing, NJ
@ZEE STARRLITE HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR VSG,.....IM LOOKING TO GET A REVISION FROM THE BAND AS WELL....
Zee Starrlite
on 7/20/11 6:26 am, edited 7/20/11 6:27 am
I hate to say it cuz I think I am going to jinx myself.  I truly love my stomach sleeved.  She is such a mild child - very soft and easy!

I am not losing like a maniac - 29lbs since June 6th but I am also eating.  Eating and drinking without  (knock on wood) any problems at all.

Weigh all of your options before choosing your revision type.  I personally would only consider the DS and the VSG.  I did extremely well with restriciton alone and believe the sleeve alone will do it for me.  Right now I am just under 200lbs with  very balanced weight distribution (so I am fitting in lots of my "skinny dresses").  I want to lose more, so much more but it would not be a great tragedy if I did not.  I love that I am not hungry . . . well right now I am riding my cycle and it is stocked with hormones - I am telling you it has to be the most heightened cycle I've had. I have serious chocolate cravings!

Good luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Melissa L.
on 7/20/11 11:34 am
Thanks Ladies for you advise. I appreciate it!! :)
The only regret I have is that I didn't to it sooner!!!! 

brigitta
on 5/23/12 4:10 pm - Germantown, MD
 i have been greatly considering this too in fact i have appts set up to begin the process but thanks to reading the blogs to your question... i am going to stay firm with getting the ds too.    i love my sleeve so much... i just need help with losing my last 50 pounds because like you....I too am stuck at this 80 pound loss for the past 4 months.    im 15 months post-op.

Most Active