Band Removal without revision?

Teresa C.
on 7/27/11 10:44 pm
 I am scheduled to have my band removed Wednesday August 3.  However I am an elemenary teacher and this is a  very busy time of year.  I don't have time for recovery.  Kids come August 8th and I want to feel 100%.

My issues are failure to lose weight, constantly getting stuck although I have had zero fill since April. Reflux, etc.

So I am considering waiting until Fall Break in October for surgery.

My question is how much recovery time is needed for removal without revision?
Thanks
Teresa 

Teresa AKA tjcteacher

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 11:14 pm
I do not know the answer to your question, but I know several band to vsg revisions who said the recovery was very quick. I don't know what revision you're looking into, but I figured I would mention this in case you're considering VSG. Then again, this is variable.
Patty_Glez
on 7/28/11 1:45 am - tijuana, Mexico
Hi Teresa,
I'm band to sleeve revision....

With my band removal , it was a matter of  3 to 4 day to feel 100% normal, just a little tender in the port area...

I had my band removal  and waited 6months to revise to sleeve, I can only tell you sleeve recovery is way easier (1 week recovery)  ..
Patty
airbender
on 7/28/11 6:56 pm
band removal recovery is really dependent on the amount of damage your esophogus has sustained post banding.  no one would touch me without a 6 month wait after I had it removed.  you don't state that the band has eroded, if that was the case, you are looking at, a good 6 months wait.  if you don't have damage don't assault your body to multiple surgical procedures when your revision can be done at once.....good luck with your revision
Teresa C.
on 7/28/11 10:07 pm
 No Revision is planned. Decided to wait until October-better time-not so hetic with the beginning of school.  Not an emergency.

Teresa AKA tjcteacher

ALSGIRL02
on 7/31/11 3:57 pm
MY BAND WAS TAKIN OUT ON THE 27TH OF JUNE AND I GO BACK TO MY SURGEON ON THE 17TH OF AUGUST I DONT KNOW MY NEW SURGERY DATE YET BUT HE SAID I ONLY HAD TO WAIT A GOOD 8 WEEKS AFTER GETTING THE BAND OUT FOR MY RNY. AND I FELLT BETTER IN LESS THAN A WEEK. I DONT THINK I WAS TRUELY EVER IN PAIN OVER A 3 AT ALL.
Most Active