my doctor lied too me(gastric bypass surgery)

ednalewis
on 8/8/11 4:01 am - stockton, CA
  I have been davasted for weeks.I went to kaiser 2 years ago I was already at goal.But I smoke cigarettes So They went to the board to check if I can get the revision....The Board said Yes.So His staff called me back and said the doctor want you to stop smoking cigarettes for 6month.So I did it cold turkey But I gain some weight.......So to get everything going again. They wanted me to go The the office for some follow ups.So I did. Got a n E-mail 4weeks ago.And he told me he won't give me a revision.................I was upset. And then I thought about it.And now. I'm so depressed and I don't know what to do.I feel so ugly.And now my dream is over.I wish I could not wake up and just die in my sleep.Everyone says love yourself I try....................but I just can't get over this 2years with my hopes up and now living in a night mare.
teachmid
on 8/8/11 4:47 am - OKC, OK
Are you seeking a revision or initial weight loss surgery?

It sounds like you've made some major steps to improve your health. What reasons are being given for denial?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

nloffman
on 8/8/11 6:36 am
NEVER give up hope. There is always another way. It may not be an easy way, but there will be another way.  Like others have suggested on here, try another doctor. Maybe one out of state?  What was the reason he gave you for not giving you the revision? I know how you feel about being depressed, jumping through hoops only to be let down.  BUT where there is a will there is a way.  This is a fight for your life.  So What are you going to do? Fight or give up?   Keep your head up. This will work out!  Do some reseach on here and find out where there is another dr. and keep going!!!!!!
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/8/11 9:51 pm - Windsor, Canada
You've talked about this on facebook but never really gave a reason. I've told you how to begin your search for another surgeon. Have you started looking? It's only one surgeon who has said no.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

ednalewis
on 8/9/11 5:21 am - stockton, CA
DAWN @YOUR RIGHT ALL OF THE ABOVE......................I WAS AT GOAL FOR GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY YOU KNOW I WAS DOING GOOD.AND HAD SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR A NEW LIFE.BUT THEY PUT MY LIFE IN THERE CONTROL............WHEN YOU ARE PROMISED SOMETHING IN LIFE AND THEY TAKE IT AWAY.YOUR ALWAYS GOING TO DEPRESSION. I WENT INTO A DEEP DREPRESSING WHEN I LOST MY HOUSE.........I ACCEPTED THE LOSS.GASTRIC BYPASS WAS GIVING ME  A NEW LIFE....AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING A NEW PERSON.
LIFE IS NOT FAIR.BUT WHEN SOMEONE TELL YOU.THERE GOING TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE.IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND YOU NEEDED A NEW HEART.AND THEN TELLS YOU NO.DO YOU THINK THAT PERSON WOULD HAVE DEPRESSION.////

I SENT A COMPLAINT TO KAISER THEY ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO ME..........IF HE CAN'T DO THE SURGERY THEN HOW ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE. HE SAID HE WOULD OPEN ME UP AND IF HE FELT IT WOULD NOT WORK HE WOULD CLOSE ME BACK UP.THAT'S ALL I ASK IS A CHANCE........................THANK YOU DAWN

Lisa G.
on 8/9/11 3:25 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
You're leaving a lot of information out-if you were at goal why the revision?  You should be very proud of yourself for quitting smoking, that is a hard addiction to break.  But you need to get off the pity pot and take the advise you have been given.  See another doctor.   If you are so depressed you want to die, you also need to see a psychologist or family doctor-there are very few weight loss surgeons who will do surgery on someone that is severely depressed, this is why evaluations are given.   Why won't the physician do a revision now?  You need to pull up your big girl panties and go see another surgeon with a positive attitude.  You are fighting for your LIFE-get mad, get angry and get something done!
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

sosoclark
on 8/9/11 5:59 am - Sacramento, CA
First off stop that negative talk its not going to help anything but make you sick. Kaiser dosen't get the last say so in your healing and your weight loss revision. So pull up your big girl panties and lets get to work. If your doctor has told you NO!!! then jump over his head and appeal. Secondly do your research to obtain documents proving that a revision would be a positive thing for you in helping keep the weight off. Thirdly make sure the revision your seeking has documented proof of success.  Ok, now you have your task get to work, no one can do it for you but there are people on here that care and can aid you through the process.

Shoot me a message if you want some help and I can point you in the right direction. You night ask how I know so much well I am a revisioner who was denied by insurance.

Sophia

croftgarcia04
on 8/9/11 2:40 pm
So was it the weight gain or smoking that caused the revision to be rejected.   What ever the problem is you need to face the problem and correct it.  Find out what will happen once you solve the issue.  Never give up hope for being healthy.  I was denied several times too.  I had to see what the issue was and correct it.
ednalewis
on 8/12/11 5:40 am - stockton, CA
Hello friends I was at goal for gastric bypass surgery not my dream goal I quit smoking 2 years ago the only problem I had was gaining weight I was find until the bad news I tried to acept it.but could not I feel ugly with myself. My friend had surgey a doctor made a joke that to me was not funny.these days people is making jokes about my weight its getting unbable.but I'm still hoping this will change.
Lori F.
on 8/10/11 9:07 am - Chula Vista, CA
C'mon girlfriend! I'm on my third appeal. I have appointments with two other surgeons out of my area. I am GETTING revised, come hell or high water. Make some consult appointments. And do call a psychologist... I have depression too, but it must be controlled before anyone will operate on you. We've got your back!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active