Revised and doing well so far...

Amy_Kleve
on 8/9/11 9:23 pm - Adrian, MN
Sorry I didn't post this sooner. I was scared to sit in the hospital chair to use their computer.

Took 6 hours on August 2nd to revise me from band to DS
I was in recovery for another 6 hours. It was hard for them to get my pain under control.

I did REALLY good the 2nd day. I actually over did it, causing my blood pressure to shoot up. They gave me a blood pressure med I have never been on before that gave me a reaction. That lead into my first blown panic attack. They did 2 EKG's. I had everyone in my room thinking I had a PE or heart attack.

They tried me on clear liquids, but I bloated so bad, so I went NPO again for another day.

Then my c-section hernia got filled with gas causing extreme pain there. That made my hernia double in size. I thought I would need emergency surgery to get it out. But, the doctors can still pu**** back in. I can't. The doctor said if I can't poop, then they will repair it. The surgeon said it would be best to wait as long as I can, at least a year to get all the weight off. He said the more weight I loose, the better chances the hernia will not pop back out after repair.
Then they can repair hernia and to tummy tuck at the same time.

So, after all this, I pulled a back muscle, that is still giving me pain today. Oh well, could be worse.

All in all, it was a success full surgery.

I got home yesterday feeling wiped out, could not get comfortable and had 5 kids pulling on me. Today, I just have my older 2 kids.

Not too much pain in my belly, just a lot of pulling and tenderness.

My biggest struggle is getting in my 64 ounces of liquid a day. I am making progress every day. I'm now up to about 30 and I am 8 days post-op.

I'm on pureed foods for 3 weeks, having a  hard time coming up with safe DS pureed foods. If any tips or thoughts, that would be appreciated
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Band to DS
on 8/10/11 4:33 am, edited 2/3/12 10:31 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

smileyjamie72
on 8/10/11 7:41 am - Palmer, AK

WOOP WOOP, Amy!!!!!  YAY!!!!  Hopefully all the bumps are behind you and you have an uneventful recovery.

Glad you are home
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active