I NEVER want to get "stuck" again.

catalina07
on 11/7/11 2:48 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14
I have a lap band that I want GONE. What I would really like to know... Do any of the other types of surgeries have a chance for similar hellish symptoms like the lap band? I am really tired of getting STUCK or THROWING UP. If another surgery has even a posibility of this happeneing, then i will stear clear of it. Thanks.
clpeltz
on 11/7/11 3:01 am
I am a RNY to DS revision.  My 2 1/2 years with the RNY was hell.  I constantly had food getting stuck and vomited on almost a daily basis.  I could not eat raw veggies, meats or anything else that was dense.  It was no fun for me.  Since my revision I have not had any feeling of food getting stuck.  On the rare occasions that I have vomited, it was my own fault for eating too fast or eating that one bite too many.  

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Sexyvt123
on 11/7/11 3:55 am
I am a revision from Lapband to DS and its the best thing I have ever done.  No more stucks, no more throwing up, and no more chest pains.  I dont know how many times I could say this but the lapband should be banded.  No one should ever have to go through that much problems just to loose weight.  You should start doing your research and get that band out of you as soon as you can.  It will do nothing but cause you more pain and discomfort.

prettypixels
on 11/7/11 8:40 am
I am a baby DSer (2 weeks out), but I have to tell you.... having gotten rid of my crap band was the awesomest thing ever! And I know I'm not eating much yet, but I have not gotten stuck or thrown up on ANNNNYTHING!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 3:37 am - Bay City, MI
Girl, I've been throwing up for 7.5 years with the band. I can't wait to have it taken out!!! 9 more days! I feel ya... Everywhere ya go... I puked (lap band puked) in the middle of the mall once... Food wouldn't do down... started foaming... and holy cow.

You're not alone!
Most Active