Band to sleeve revisions-any BAD's?

P goode
on 11/12/11 7:36 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16
I have heard so very many positives, are there ANY negatives anyone can report?

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 10:05 pm
my only negative is that i wish i didn't fart around with the band for 4yrs before revising to the sleeve.

P goode
on 11/13/11 3:52 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16
Ha!  That is wonderful to hear.  I hope so.. how is the restriction different, assuming you ever had restriction with your band....

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 9:17 am
i've read many times that the sleeve is everything the band promises.....it's true.

restriction is there right away & while early out, i'm ecstatic with the early results.    down the 17+ lbs i gained unfilled with the band and more.    

mmplumme
on 11/13/11 7:15 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thanks so much for posting this question, I have been wondering the same thing!!!  I am hoping to have a revision to sleeve from lap band in April or so if insurance approves after 6 months of nutritional program.  Gotta work through all this red tape, lol.
teachkdz0507
on 11/14/11 6:56 am
I had my lapband on April 23, 2010.  I experienced a problem at 5 months out and messed around with trying to "fix" it without surgery.  I even tried a different doc with hopes of avoiding the real issue.  I have a slip and it is getting worse and worse with time.  I am cleared for insurance and scheduled to revise to a sleeve on December 27th.  YEAH!  Here is my problem.  My lapband was so successful (pre-slip) because I was in the honeymoon period.  HOW dod I get back to that happy place??  I really believe I can make it to goal by April at the latest if I stay to plan and do everything I am supposed to.  I just need something to help me get through the liquid diet phase again.
Ideas anyone????  Please????? I need a new midset and quick!  Liquid diet starts on December 13th!  HELP!
Ms Shell
on 11/21/11 6:41 am - Hawthorne, CA
 GRAB hold and focus on the WHY you are doing this and just remember the liquid diet phase is just a DROP in the bucket for your lifetime...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

cassandra1021
on 11/22/11 1:15 am - MD
Wow this sounds like like my story.  I was banded on Sept 2010, and had issues about 4-5months out, I am now scheduled for a revision to the sleeve on Dec 28.  Good luck to you!!
teachkdz0507
on 11/22/11 5:16 am
 Best of luck to you, too, Cassandra.  I feel fortunate that I have met someone in my surgeon's support group that is going through the same thing so we have "bonded".  She was sleeved yesterday so I can't wait to talk to her to see how it went.  I figure she got released today so I don't want to be a pest quite yet.
I see it as a new beginning.  There were some habits that I didn't quite master as a bandster and I plan to make them my goals for this surgery.  I plan to do the weight and measurements just like last time.  It WILL work.....I just know it will.
I see my doc for my pre-op in 45 minutes.  I'll find out if we are draining my lapband in prep for the surgery.
Keep in touch!
Tammy
teachkdz0507
on 11/14/11 6:58 am
When is your sleeve revision going to take place? Soon? Heard any negatives??? I can't find anything negative. Lots of anti-lapband sentiments. I hope I walk away feeling the same way. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics