Stalled and no BMs... I am so frustrated!!!

dhsimaitis
on 5/9/12 11:34 am
Revision on 04/23/12
Hi...

I am 2 weeks out from my revision (rny to long-limb rny- I guess that's what you call it)...  I was on clear liquids for about 9 days and started the soft diet about 6 days ago.  Since I started the soft diet I have not lost anything, plus! I have only had one miniscule BM which was a few days ago.  I did more when I was on the clear diet!

I am eating scrambled eggs with a tiny bit of cheese for flavor, cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt, protein shakes, and not much else.  And, I am only eating about 4 small meals a day.  Absolutely no more than 1200 calories a day, if not far less...  Even if I didn't have bypass I should be losing weight!  I also walk everyday... 30-60 minutes at a time.  I had several hernies fixed at the same time, so I am limited to just walking for now... no weights or jerking movements.

I can't remember how it went after my first bypass...  it was 11 years ago.  But, I don't remember having this problem so soon...  any thoughts???

Thanks for listening...
Davina  

God bless all of our efforts...

mschef32
on 5/9/12 11:35 pm - lodi, NJ
hi my name is melanie and im going have the revision done i had gastric bypass done in 2005 and i wanted to ask you how did they do your revision and how many days did you say in the hospital.
dhsimaitis
on 5/9/12 11:42 pm
Revision on 04/23/12
Hi...

I had it done laporoscopically and was in the hospital just overnight.  They bypassed more intestines, but left my pouch and opening alone because they were still the appropriate size.  My original surgery in 2001 did not bypass nearly enough...

Hope this helps!!!  And, good luck!...  By the way, make sure you have a surgeon who has a strong track record of revisions... okay?

Davina

mschef32
on 5/14/12 5:49 am, edited 5/14/12 5:53 am - lodi, NJ
i had the upper gi this morning they put the tube down my throat the doctor said my stomach strench out .si i go to my surgeon on monday .

melanie
dhsimaitis
on 5/14/12 6:01 am
Revision on 04/23/12
Hi...

I was actually pretty disappointed they didn't do anything to my pouch or stoma.  But, everyone including my original surgeon after all kinds of tests assure(d) me it has not stretched.  Sure doesn't feel like it!  You should see what I was able to get in there!  But, now that I am strictly following my post-op diet again, it seems to be geting easier not to eat.

I hope all goes well at your surgeon's office, and that they get that pouch thing figured out and fixed !!!

All the best,
Davina

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 11:52 pm, edited 5/9/12 11:53 pm - WA
I too am hoping for a revision. Didn't your surgeon give you a hard time for gaining the weight back?
For BMs maybe eat something with probiatics in it. I used to eat a little bit of peanut butter to move it all through quickly.
dhsimaitis
on 5/10/12 12:14 am
Revision on 04/23/12
Thanks for the suggestion!  And no, the doctor did not get on me for putting the weight back on.  He just very strictly emphasizes that I need to follow his instructions "exactly" and that I must be extremely compliant with his rules.  He treats me with nothing but respect...  and, I hope you have a doctor that does the same!  It's one thing to mention the obvious...  that you put weight back on... and try to determine what happened.  But, to berate someone for it I feel is completely unprofessional.  Just my two cents!

Good luck with everything!!!

Davina

ginau
on 5/13/12 1:40 pm - mesa, AZ

i Davina

I am an extened Rny'er , short limb as you put it ,,  you will loose slower than the original surgery .. just keep your protein levels up - way up !  talk to your Dr  about your protein goal, mine is at 180 gams a day - I only expect to absorb  80 - 100 of  em,  Keep  carbs  as low as possible = they  cause a lot of gas.

If your constipated - you could try some MOM and Prune juice mixed together - helps  things move out . But ask your Dr first .

Congratulations on you 2nd chance .... you  can do it !! .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

dhsimaitis
on 5/13/12 6:04 pm
Revision on 04/23/12
Yeah...  for some reason my doc is not requiring as much protein as yours...  I would think with a long limb they would want even more!  I need to up that quite a bit...  carbs are essentially out at this point. 

MOM and prune juice sounds so yummy!    But, if that's what it takes...  I'll give it a try!  Thanks for the tip!!!  

And, thank you for the kind words of support !!!

Davina

MsBatt
on 5/13/12 3:13 pm
Sounds to me like you're full of **** (*grin*)

Seriously, I'll bet that once your constipation clears up, your weight loss will kick in. I suggest adding some fat to your diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics