Band is out... VSG in future (maybe)

bandarella
on 6/25/12 8:24 am - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12

My band & gallbladder are both out. I'm sore but, getting better each day. It is such a strange sensation to drink/eat (soft foods only for now) anticipate that dreaded stuck/tight feeling, and it doesn't come. The thing I struggle with now is the mental problem of knowing I have nothing aiding me in my weight battle except myself. It's difficult to try and eat healthy when I'm limited to my food choices right now and don't have all the right things in the house. Once I get the clearance to eat vegetables and chicken etc again, I think it may lower my anxiety. I see my doctor this Friday and we'll see about how she'd like to proceed with the VSG in a few months. Although, my PMD seems to think once I can eat all the right foods, after all the years of not being able to eat well & some dedication I can succeed without any further surgery. I don't share her enthusiasm but I'm willing to see what happens. I have to wait at least 2-3 months before she can do the sleeve and I honestly DO NOT look forward to another surgery. Let's see what happens over the next few months. I'm approved for the VSG should I decided I do indeed need it.

Phyllis  

Using a touch screen on my IPad, excuse any typos. 

susan17821
on 6/26/12 9:36 pm - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12

I had a revision done June 18, with the band being removed and then and RNY being done. The band was in since 2005 and I have always had problems. Finally my Dr deflated it totally and I was able to eat somewhat normally, which then caused me to gain my weight back plus some. I applaud your decision to have a revision done, the only thing upsetting me right now about mine is "why did I wait so long to have it done"

Good luck!!

Most Active