Just denied

pineview01
on 7/11/12 6:10 am, edited 7/26/12 1:44 pm - Davison, MI
Even though my insurance now approves the lap band and the sleeve.  They just denied mea band to sleeve revision as they are going to implement a one time policy.  Even though the policy has yet to be contractionally implemented I get to be told no as I can't get thru before it is

Editing to update;
The board voted to have a once in a life time policy the Monday after I was told the above.  They also claim that the PCP never put the request in the week before.  Even though my PCP's insurance person called them to find out how.  So, the odds of me getting a revision is slim to none.  I won't stop fighting until I run out of options.

I just got the approval to get the band out, in writting.  Nothing verbal there is worth squat, even what is said by their "heads"

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Stephanie M.
on 7/11/12 7:09 am
 Appeal...I'll look for a link on how to write the appeal letter.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Stephanie M.
on 7/11/12 7:12 am
On July 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:
Even though my insurance now approves the lap band and the sleeve.  They just denied mea band to sleeve revision as they are going to implement a one time policy.  Even though the policy has yet to be contractionally implemented I get to be told no as I can't get thru before it is
 It's a stickie on the failed band group...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion/4539592/Summary-Appeal-Letter-for-those-approved-for-removal-but/

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

pineview01
on 7/11/12 8:25 am - Davison, MI
On July 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, Stephanie M. wrote:
On July 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:
 It's a stickie on the failed band group...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion/4539592/Summary-Appeal-Letter-for-those-approved-for-removal-but/
Found it, read it!  Thanks.  Not sure what some of the names refer to though.  Like which would be the insurances and which are the center?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 7/11/12 9:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Try contacting ObesityLaw.com sometimes they can help. I don't see how they can deny you before it is even enacted. Pooey on them. Good luck and don't give up, be the squeeky wheel!!!!
pineview01
on 7/13/12 7:50 am - Davison, MI
An update.  The PCP has done her part and the insurace Co was good with her part.  Now it is up to the surgery center to get in their data and do it right.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping and wishing the insurance will be happy with them.

pineview01
on 7/17/12 6:00 am, edited 7/17/12 1:50 pm - Davison, MI
New update!  Two steps back.
I called PCP she had said her part was done and insurance said I was aproved for the band out.  Called insurance and they said the PCP didn't submit the right codes.  They put me in touch with     head of referals.  She said PCP didn't submit codes and the board voted Monday to have a once in a life time WLS.

The only chance I have is to get the band out and start over.  But, they are no longer stating that my approval is a done deal.  Sounds like the are really not about to help

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/12 2:22 pm
Who do you have for insurance?
pineview01
on 9/5/12 12:37 am - Davison, MI
Health Plus of Michigan!

Most Active
Recent Topics