Day 16 still at hospital

hayley88
on 5/24/13 2:49 am
At least the fluid draining off is not showing sings of infection. Still no water and I'm on that thn I think. Still no weight loss but I guess I've been pumped so full of fluid. B/p is good, kidneys are better, and I walked hallway unassisted. Baby steps. Has anyone ever gone home with this feeding tube thing?
pineview01
on 5/24/13 2:23 pm - Davison, MI

WOW!  Didn't realize you were still in the hospital.  I know you were hoping to be home for Mothers Day.  Yah, those IV pounds sure are a bummer.  When I got the band I think I came home the next day and 18 pounds heavier.  When I was sleeved it was only a 12 pound gain.  Get better soon.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LEE
on 5/24/13 3:06 pm

I had a revision 2 months ago almost and had my feeding tube up until last week.  It was kind of a blessing and a curse, blessing because I could get my protein, water, and meds through it and curse because it was so painful, it was so painful in fact that I pulled it out myself at home.

Hope you continue to heal and get better quickly.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Whit
on 5/24/13 3:38 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi Hayley,

I had revision from RNY to DS in December. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital. Initial surgery went well however by day 5 when I thought I would be discharged I was told  my white count was continuing to rise. No fever. So one week to the day I was back in surgery.I had a leak.  It took another 2 weeks for me to be released. I went home (5 hours away) with 3 drains and a feeding tube. I was NPO for 8 weeks and the Feeding tube was where I got all hydration and nourishment. It was my life line.  Even when I was able to start to eat and drink by mouth I used it to push water. It does not hurt the only real pain was from the stitches. But I cut those (per Dr. K's orders). Removal was a breeze. 

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Whit
on 5/24/13 4:22 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I also wanted to add I padded my Tube.  I put two  split 2X2 gauze pads around the tube one in each direction then two 4 X 4 gauze folded under the tube where it touched my skin (it layed horizontaly across my belly) then I taped it down with paper tape so it was secure and did not giggle. Then I wore my binder as tight as I could.  I changed it twice a day-in the morning and before bed. It only started to hurt as I lost weight and it stretched further across my belly I helped aleviate this by adding more gauze.

Best,

Whit

hayley88
on 5/24/13 10:48 pm

Another night. I gained 2 lb yesterday. It's just hard being on tpn. Every pound that goes on just makes me think if the wasted time in here. I know revisions are slower and we r to make most of early time but my hands are tied. I'm down to only one anti biotic. I'm hoping they will give me lasiks again as my feet and ancles are swollen. Ill keep walking the halls too. Just praying  gets better soon. 

hayley88
on 5/25/13 10:01 am
Thanks Witt, I'm praying Monday they can locate the exact location of leak and there are no additional operations needed. Not sure I could handle mentaly or physically. I have a lot of concern that these set backs will further slow down my weightloss. I feel like I'm just wasting time and I have so much to loose. Please pray for me to kick these negative thoughts!
Sandy_B
on 5/26/13 10:51 am - Bakersville, NC
Whit
on 5/25/13 11:27 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hayley,

I strongly recommend you do not weigh yourself especially while you are in the hospital. You are being pumped full of liquids its fluid not actual weight. Tell the nurses you do not want to get weighed. If they insist tell them you do not want to know. You will just get discouraged. I did not weigh myself until I had been home for a couple of weeks.  It will come off just give it time.  I know it sucks but you are in the right place. 

Best,

Whitney

Sandy_B
on 5/26/13 10:05 am - Bakersville, NC
Most Active