new here

Linnyann21
on 7/3/13 1:48 am - NJ

Hi Everyone- I am new to the board and i wanted to get everyone's opinion. I had my band placed in 2010 and i lost 50 lbs but I've regained it plus some due to a pregnancy and other stressors. I've also had alot of problems with my band with food getting stuck and having to vomit. They want to take the band out and are suggesting a revision either band or sleeve. My family is completely against another surgery for me because i have a newborn at home and they are afraid something is going to happen to me. I also believe I am addicted to food and cant get away from the bad food for some reason. I need to lose at least 100lbs. Any advice would be really helpful.

thank you

Lindsay

Hislady
on 7/3/13 5:02 am - Vancouver, WA

For starters if you  are vomiting your band is too tight, either that or you are eating too much too fast. You need to eat pea sized bites and chew until liquid. That said have you had your band checked for a slip or other issues? Many, many bandsters end up having to revise to a different surgery because the band is the least effective surgery. I would suggest getting the sleeve, that seems to be the one most chosen by band revisioners.

As far as being addicted to food, yes most do have an addiction issue with food so therapy is highly suggested for a person like yourself. They only operate on our bodies, the brain part we need help working on. Good luck to you and surgery is really pretty safe so your family can calm down.

Sherrie P.
on 7/5/13 11:40 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I did band to RNY revision.  I was afraid the sleeve would be too much like the Band. I wanted different!!

Happy so far :-)

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

MsBatt
on 7/7/13 12:22 pm

You should also research the Duodenal Switch. It has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period.

Most Active
Recent Topics