Finally feeling normal again!

hayley88
on 8/19/13 1:34 am

Long time since I have posted. After two long months in the hospital after my revision to DS I was finally able to come home on July 3rd.  The first few weeks were horrible. I was not sure I was going to make it.  My staples hurt, the feeding tube was horrible, but I got thru it.  Then Dr. Steward passed away, what a shock.  I felt so sorry for his family.  It's still kind of weird going to his office and he is not there.  I started clear liquids on 7/22 and did ok.  I had a checkup and they were able to remove my staples and drain tube.  They left the feeding tube in though as a precaution.  I was then able to go to full liquids.  It's been hard.  I try to do the 3 premier protein drinks a day but I'm lucky if I can do 2.  I can drink crystal light ok and sugar free popsicles re ok.   Tuna does not sit will with me but ham salad did.  I no longer can do scrambled eggs.  I was able to eat about half a fried egg.  I have had some cod fish in butter and that is  about it.  It's hard trying to think of things to eat.  I still do not have all my strength back but life goes on.   As a mom of two kiddos 10 and 6 I've had to get back to their activities.  It keeps me going but I do get wiped out sometimes.  Between football and practice and dance, not to mention school starting in a week I have to keep going.  I go to the Dr again Thursday and I'm praying they take this feeding tube out.  It hurts and when I drink it leaks.  I guess the good think in all of this is I have lost 90 lbs since my operation on 5/8.  Still have a long ways to go but I do feel happy about the loss.  Now if I could just get all my energy back!  I know it will take time, I guess it gets a little easier each day.  Thank goodness for my husband. Although he works long hours he has helped with the house, laundry, kids, everything. More than I would have ever guessed.  I thank all of you for the words of encouragement while I was in the hospital going crazy!

Misty1980
on 8/19/13 8:37 am - edwards, CA

I was wondering what you had before your revision. I had  RNY  6 1/2 years ago all my weight is off but i have severe dumping with reactive hypo so I'm looking at some type of revision . i can only eat about 5 items and I'm miserable. Im glad to see things are getting better for you.

Whit
on 8/19/13 2:44 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi Hayley,

It good to hear you are on the mend. You have really been through the ringer. I taped my feeding tube down (I had mine for 4.5 months). I put gauze under my feeding tube (2- 4x4) pads doubled over and one on top. Then I taped it down across my belly. What hurt on me were the stitches used to secure it to my skin. I cut them (with Dr's permission) it helped allot.  It's better to have it if needed then not. You can use it for water and extra protien. That's what its for.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active