Revision and Insurance Question(s)

Special_KLJ2
on 9/20/13 11:16 am - Olathe, KS
Revision on 03/12/14

I had my DS 8/2010 and lost about 100 lbs, gained back 30.  I am speaking with Dr. Anthone, who did my original, about a revision: his first thought is I need to have my tummy re-sized but my cc is 200 so I want that resized, too.  I have never once since surgery been low or near low on any vites, etc.  My main question is: is a revision feel pretty much the same pain/recovery as the first DS?  Any help, thoughts, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Karen L. Johnson    
Special_KLJ2
on 9/20/13 11:17 am - Olathe, KS
Revision on 03/12/14

Are there any special "hoops" I need to know to get insurance to pay for revision?  I have Medicare in Kansas.

Karen L. Johnson    
airbender
on 9/21/13 10:52 pm

unless you have a specific exclusion, your insurance should pay for medically necessary procedures....why are you having  a revision that your primary didnt' fulfill?  if you can answer that and defend it then you should have no issue with the revision...it you can't ...well....good luck with your travels to get healthy.

MSSEXXC74
on 9/23/13 3:57 am

the DS is the platinum of wls in the right case. If I had one DS with a Dr and he feels now something should be smaller. ..well why didn't he do it that way in the beginning? Personally I would not let him revise me. I would go to one of the super powers of revisions to DS. I would talk to some of the veteran DS. IF it wasn't for them I would have have some bulls... surgery even though the surgeon told me he didn't believe I would loose weight. I had approval and everything and had to start back at square one but im sure it will be worth it in the long run!

pineview01
on 9/23/13 2:52 pm - Davison, MI

I would have to question the Dr as to why it wasn't done right in the first place.  They only revision I have seen on the DS here are ones losing TOO much and are revising to have less by-pass or by-pass take down and left with a sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics