My Band to sleeve Journey @ 9 months!

pineview01
on 10/10/13 9:49 am, edited 10/17/13 9:58 am - Davison, MI

I am 8.5 months out with my band 2 sleeve revision.  My band was removed 9/4/12 after 3.5 years of which 2.5 was problems.  I was sleeved 1/22/13 at 242 (230 day of surgery.) 

For my scale victory,  I finally am down to my "10" from goal status.  Keeping in mind I have already dropped my goal three time.  The first being getting to my lowest with band/onederland.  I was back to being off HBP meds and out of the size 20's (26/28 at highest)  The pcp was pleased for me.

Than I set my goal for JUST overweight.  I was totally happy here.  I even told my pcp this is were I want to be and she was pleased for me as everything else was great

When I made that goal I changed  mine to just normal.  Even when I set that goal, I had no plans of ever seeing it and wondered if it would encourage or discourage me to have a goal I would never make.  A goal I didn't even want?  Now I am 10 pounds from that goal and want it so bad I can taste it.

Now my NSV, I had an old pair of goal pants from the band that I was able to get into the day I bought them but not a week later when I went to wear them, with the tags still on them, which were 14's.  They fit but pull in the crouch when I drive, big butt girl heremail, even though loose I was happy to just be in those 14, my dream pants. Non Layne Bryant 14, YEAH!   Well, when shopping with the DD I picked out some 14 & 16 shorts 70% off, I was pretty sure I would need 16 in these brands. The daughter took the 16's from me as that is her size and we were there for her.  I took some pants in she picked up for me 14 & 12's I laughed but tried to get a leg in the 12' just for giggles, came home with 3 pairs of 12's.  I was a size 12 in SIXTH grade.  I have been so happy with my 14's.  Happy with myself and how I look. 

I've said it before but will say it again, if I don't lose another pound I will be so happy I took this journey and fought the insurance to get this surgery that has been life changing for me.  I am even able to start letting go of cloths for the first time in my life. (never got ride of anything with the band)

I see those posting asking about band to sleeve and band to RNY.  So I thought I'd post for them.

Highest weight 280

Band day of surgery 259

Band removed 221 (had gotten to 261)

Sleeved 242 (230 day of surgery, 2 week liquid)

Today....164

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JudyAz
on 10/10/13 11:14 am - FL

Congratulations on a job well done!!  You have so much to be proud of!

pineview01
on 10/10/13 11:24 am - Davison, MI

Thanks Judy!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

airbender
on 10/11/13 8:54 am

congratulations!!! you must feel great...and to get that band out...horray!!

pineview01
on 10/11/13 9:30 am - Davison, MI

Yep, I was finally to the point that I was going to get the band out even if I didn't get the revision. I was beyound keeping it so as to have SOMETHING to help.  It had to go!

Misty1980
on 10/12/13 11:03 am - edwards, CA
Congrats on your success.
pineview01
on 10/12/13 2:48 pm - Davison, MI

Thank You so much Misty!

jenharring
on 10/16/13 4:29 pm - macon, GA

Congrats!  This did help me see there is a light at the end of this bad band tunnel.  I am trying to decide now if i want the sleeve or bypass.  I can imagine, I'd be on top of the world to be back in a size 12!! Way to go, you have earned it!

pineview01
on 10/17/13 10:09 am, edited 10/17/13 10:23 am - Davison, MI

Thanks!  Looks like we started our band journeys at the same weight.  

All I can say is I am loving my sleeve.  I did stall for the whole month 8.  But so did all my Jan 2013 FB group, RNY & VSG.  In the less than 2 weeks since my stall. I have dropped six more pounds and bought a pair of 10p jeans from NYDJ and one pair of 8's.  Yes, single digits and two sizes smaller than when I was in 6th grade.  I LOVE those made in the USA pants.

(I tried on two pain of shorts made in China, they were size 12 and one was too tight and the waist gapped way big and the other didn't go over my thighs.)

Most Active
Recent Topics