Want to connect with Revisions done by Pacific Bariatrics in SD

Anita S.
on 11/21/13 9:39 am - North Las Vegas, NV

I'm looking to have a revision to my RNY that I had 12.5 years ago.  I've regained back all the weight I had lost since about year 5.  It's now causing me alot of other complications and I've realized that it was only a tool. ( thought it was a cure all) .  Anyway, I saw Dr. Tanaka yesterday from Pacific Bariatrics in San Diego.  He did not yet see my upper GI xrays but said he did read the report.  He seemed to be all ok with going ahead until I told him that I was there to see about a revision to my rny.  His entire attitude changed and he pretty much told me I was not going to have the surgery and needed to just have a shake and 2 small meals and day and exercise.....WHAT!!  He said he would look at my xrays and call me next week with a decision.  A little background...I am a Kaiser patient and was sent directly to Dr. Tanaka from the Positive Choice people since I have already had WLS.  Has ANYONE had any experiences such as this and am especially looking to hear from those that had a revision through this office.  I've seen on the site here that Dr. Tanaka has done 25 revisions, but only opens.  Anyone with info or assistance is greatly appriciated.   

hollykim
on 12/1/13 2:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Sorry I have no experience with them. I do know that I would find another surgeon who would not think he can tell me what surgery I would or would not have. He is not God, just another surgeon. Move on is my advice. GL

Most Active
Recent Topics