RYN to DS

Andie
on 12/31/13 3:02 pm - FRANKFORT, OH

Have any of you had the revision from a RYN to a DS?  What are your results?

clpeltz
on 12/31/13 10:28 pm

I had this revision in April 2011.  Great results!  Best decision I ever made.  Know and accept that there are only a handful of surgeons in the country that can truly do this revision.  You will need to go with one of them.

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Simper, located in Utah

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

scaryreader
on 1/4/14 8:44 am - Chicago, IL

And Dr.Prachand in Chicago.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

clpeltz
on 1/4/14 9:05 am

Never heard of him as a revision surgeon.  There is a very big difference between a virgin DS and a revision from RNY to DS.  Just because a surgeon can do a DS does not mean that they can do a revision from RNY to DS.  It is a very technical and difficult surgery.  I would not trust my life in the hands of a surgeon that has not done hundreds of these revisions.  I'll stick to the list that has been proven to have the most experience.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

scaryreader
on 1/4/14 9:53 am - Chicago, IL

I had RNY in '76 and the revision to the DS in '06.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

pineview01
on 1/4/14 3:42 pm - Davison, MI

I was just going to say this list is much shorter than the one posted here last year.  I know we lost one great surgeon but, some others are missing.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 1/1/14 1:57 pm - Davison, MI

There are a few others here that have also.  Check out the DS boards as they are there also.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics