worried now

peanut16
on 3/9/14 8:00 am - Willow Spring, NC

I now know what is going on and why I can't hold nothing in my stomach. I went today to my dr and the xray department and he found out that my port for my band is upside down plus I have a band that slipped. Right at this moment the slip is only a medium size but he said he is going to move my request for insurance so I can get into surgery faster. Now I am getting scared and worried about this slip. How did this happen? I was doing everything right. Has anyone else have this happen is it safe. any advise is helpful,

Peanut16

Hislady
on 3/9/14 12:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

Slips are a very common band problem, as a rule the doc just empties you for a few weeks and it fixes itself. However the flipped port makes that impossible so that is why he wants to put a rush on it. The longer it is left the more damage that can be done bvut sounds like he is on top of it by rushing the insurance ok. You can do everthing perfectly and still get a slip just stay on top of it and him to make sure it gets dealt with soon.

peanut16
on 3/10/14 1:50 am - Willow Spring, NC

thank you for this help ease my mind some.  I needed the support with this.  I was looking for the revision but not like this.  I thought I would have more time to get things together.  Again thank you for the support.

Peanut16

pineview01
on 3/11/14 1:34 pm - Davison, MI

Yes, they usually unfill the band with a slip but, many surgeon are removing the band after a slip as it usually just slips again.  As stated they can't do that so moving surgery up to fix it will be necessary.  My post tipped and than encased in scare tissue.  They would tip it back to fill unfill until it got to hurting so bad as it pulled my insides with it that the removed all the fluid and removed the band.

I couldn't hold anything in my stomach also but, I didn't have a slip.  Just the scare tissue building under the band.  You will fell better when the get the band off for you.

Check out the failed band group.  There are lots of slip stories there.

Good luck with your surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

peanut16
on 3/13/14 10:35 am - Willow Spring, NC

thank you I will check out that forum also.  I will also post if I get my approval for both procedures.  I hope you would like to know if I can get the band removed and sleeved too.

Peanut16

pineview01
on 3/16/14 4:10 pm - Davison, MI

Sure would!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

peanut16
on 3/16/14 9:58 pm - Willow Spring, NC

How is it going with the sleeve?  Do you think it is much better than the band?  Love to know.

Peanut16

pineview01
on 3/17/14 3:37 am - Davison, MI

The sleeve is what they said the band was.  It helps with hunger, the band didn't.  With the sleeve I have restriction and I never hit the green zone.  With the band I lost 40% EWL and was a "success."  With the sleeve, I have 95% EWL and am withing 5 pounds of "normal"  As a revision they say we lose slower but at 8 months with the band I had lost the whole 40/50 pounds at 8 months with the sleeve I had lost 70/80 and 40 of those are the hard last pounds

The sleeve is ssooooooooooooooo much better than the band every was and no pain, fills and unfills.

So yeah I think the sleeve is worlds better than the band.

Most Active