No loss?

happygurl429
on 3/26/14 12:56 am - Belleville, MI

I had my upper GI yesterday and doc said everything with the band looks good. No erosion, no slip.  So, now I am on the path for a surgery date to get the sleeve.  I am wondering...has anyone had a band to sleeve revision and not lost weight or only lost a small amount? 

Christina

Hislady
on 3/26/14 4:15 am - Vancouver, WA

Check out the sleeve forum, there are many, many who have revised and had great success! I only know of a few who have not liked their revisions. Good luck to you!

lucky62756
on 3/26/14 4:58 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

My EGD showed no signs of slip,erosion or reflex, but I am regaining weight. I have port pain, stomach pain, vomiting, reflex, one day being able to eat znd the next day nothing. Having my band out znd revison to the sleeve. Hopefully all this done by July before vc cation , 

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

pineview01
on 3/26/14 8:51 am, edited 3/26/14 8:52 am - Davison, MI

My upper GI showed everything "perfect!"  It took a scope to find the damage to the esophagus and gastritis.  It took the surgery to remove the band to find the rest.

Like Lucky, even though the GI showed normal, I had port pain, stomach pain, vomiting, reflex, one day being able to eat way to much and the next day nothing.

Sorry I can't help you with reporting no lose as I am 40 pounds less than I ever got, for just a couple days when my brother passed.  I am 60 less than the real low with the band.  I am down 80 from sleeve surgery

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

chicaletta
on 3/29/14 11:22 pm
VSG on 04/24/14

The one person I know who already had the revision is having much success with the sleeve. She is 7 months post op and still losing. I think seeing her success is what made me decide to make the switch.

Most Active
Recent Topics