Counting my blessings tonight.

SuzinDallas
on 4/29/14 12:48 pm

I had my pre-op appointment and hospital registration today.

I was nervous because I was worried that even though there wasn't a weight loss requirement I wouldn't have enough weight loss to show I'd been sticking to the pre-op diet.  I had two slip ups once it officially started. Rather minor ones but still enough to make me feel guilty. In the end though they were pleased.  16 pound loss since my surgery was approved (when I started the diet) .  Which is awesome.  

Then after talking to the Dr about some concerns I had I went over to the hospital prepared to pay my copay and the hospital stay per the converstation I had with my Dr's insurance co-ordinator.  I was expecting a charge of about $70.  But...it was only the copay.    Which brings my out of pocket costs (not counting vitamins and protein) to just over $175.

I have Tricare Reserve Select (that's what I'm paying for, but I'm told it's the same coverage level as Prime and my region is South) if anyone else does and is considering revision when they cover it, they cover it well. My approval process was quick and easy (I had a lot of documentation though) and overall I'm really pleased so far.  Once I had the policy in place this January, dealing with my faulty lap-band got a lot easier.

Times like this make me so thankful that my husband decided to get back into the military. 

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics