Band to RNY revision is done!

SuzinDallas
on 5/3/14 9:38 am

My surgery was yesterday morning.  I had an umbilical hernia repaired, Lap-Band removed and got my long awaited RNY.

Yesterday was rough but I did get up and moving when asked. Slept last night every few hours. And got up this morning feeling pretty good today. Lots of burps.  Lots of walking and after my Upper GI this morning came back all clear with no leaks or other pesky things I got to start sipping away on water and juice. I don't normally drink juice so I'm watering it down quite a bit. But I'm getting about an oz of fluids an hour.

Overall today wasn't a bad day.  Pain is there but well under-control.  If all continues this way I'll be home tomorrow.  So far so good!!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Hislady
on 5/4/14 4:57 am - Vancouver, WA

Congrats to you! I'm thrilled for anyone who can get rid of that pesky crapband! I hope you have nothing but smooth sailing from here on out!

tdbull
on 5/4/14 10:06 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats to you. Sounds like you are doing great. I am also a revision from band to RNY - and after nearly 9 months post op, I can say that this is so much better than the band. I only wish I would have never done the band and gone straight to RNY back in 2009. Best of luck to you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

pineview01
on 5/4/14 10:43 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kaedwards75
on 5/11/14 10:16 pm

How are your fluids coming? i eat ice pops like no tomorrow, bu****er and broth seem to come easy too, this is my second last chance i dont wanna mess it up.. im dont think im feeling restriction as much as i should be.

kaedwards75
on 5/11/14 10:17 pm

How are your fluids coming? i eat ice pops like no tomorrow, bu****er and broth seem to come easy too, this is my second last chance i dont wanna mess it up.. im dont think im feeling restriction as much as i should be.

SuzinDallas
on 5/12/14 12:03 am

Fluids are doing really well!  I'm averaging about 40oz of jus****er a day and most days able to drink 16oz of protein drink.  Obviously both the water and protein are broken down over several hours with multiple "servings".  I eat a bit of jello and ice pops as well as some home made broth I made before surgery too so I think if I added up those things I'd be right on target.  I'm also getting all my vitamins and other supplements in just fine-although I nibble on them for a long time to make sure I don't over do it.  I feel really good most days though and I think I'll be fine to return to work next week. If it wasn't for my hernia repair I'd have gone back to work today, I just have a hard time sitting for a while.

I don't think the restriction is supposed to feel like it did with the band, so I haven't really been watching for it.  Especially if I'm just on liquids now and drinking with such small sips so I can get used to slowing down when I eat/drink.  Right now it's just a relief to be able to drink something without choking on it or having it come back up.  

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics