Will insurance cover?

cjonsite
on 7/15/14 9:42 am

I'm reading all these posts on revision and wonder if insurances cover such a thing and what kind of hoops must one jump through to get it done.  My story is typical.....RNY in 2006....lost 100 lbs only to start regaining it back.  Now I'm back up to 230 and I could scream!  I have recently made public some childhood molestation history I have.  I didn't mention this during my psyche eval, and I now that I am in therapy I feel I have a better handle on my emotions so that a second chance might help.  Any thoughts?

jillbeme
on 7/15/14 11:24 am
Revision on 07/29/14

It all depends on your insurance.  Always worth the time to find out.  Good luck 

Jill     

pineview01
on 7/15/14 12:43 pm - Davison, MI

I had to go to therapy for six sessions before I could get a revision.  I am still seeing her voluntarily 18 months lather.  It really helps.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jillbeme
on 7/15/14 12:53 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

I am trying to get a revision right now.  I am having to go through the process of psych and nut. I am also having the Barium swallow  Thursday, but I have no guarantee.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really need and want this revision.  My insurance changes October 1.  If this doesn't work I will try again then.

Jill     

Giggly423
on 7/17/14 8:33 pm

My insurance covered my revision because technically it's to fix a complication. My surgeon did an Upper Gi and saw that i have hiatal hernia and also my sleeve has stretched out. Because of these complications I didn't have to do the 6 month diet, psych evaluation, etc. I just had to met with the nutritionist to go over my eating habits now and how they will change after surgery.

Virgie Tschirhart
on 8/18/14 2:38 am, edited 8/18/14 2:39 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi Giggly423, What insurance do you have?  I have BCBS Federal, I live in Oklahoma.  I have a hiatal hernia and my sleeve has stretched out too.  I have been denied before last year, because BCBS Feds said I was not in compliance with my eating and exercising with the last 2 surgeries.  Also, I had a lap band in 2008 BCBS Fed cover it.  In 2009 I was sleeved but I had to self pay.  Anyway, I hope this time they will approve me now that I have a big hiatal hernia which causes me to wake up in the middle of night with my food wanting to come out, choking etc........ If they don't approve me I want to change to a different Insurance company. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

babs71958
on 8/16/14 7:54 am - Brunswick,OH/Ruskin/FL, FL

More and more insurance policies are totally excluding any type of weight loss surgery from their plans.  I've had 3 different insurance plans this year alone, and none of them covered WLS.

Barb 

Desperately Seeking a revision to a DS.
Be  careful of the toes you step on today because they will be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

Most Active