Decision to have a revision isn't easy

Cassie C.
on 7/18/14 11:36 pm - Jacksonville, FL

After much contemplation and many WLS seminars I am happy to say I have finally found a surgeon for my revision.  Now on to the next part....insurance.  Lord I hope that is the easy part.  I will starting the journey soon to have the band removed and revised to RNY. 

Hislady
on 7/19/14 4:19 am - Vancouver, WA

I wish you the best and I'm sure you know you aren't alone there are many more of us out here that have had to get rid of their bands. Hope all goes well for you especially the insurance!

Ladyk5533
on 7/19/14 6:41 am

Hi......I am new to posting on OH as I have followed posts for quite sometime. I am a 29 year post op RNY gastric bypasser that initially losy 100 lbs back in 1985.  I kept my weight down for 15 years and gradually started gaining weight back. Now I have gained back 75 lbs of the 100 lbs lost. I am having a revision on July 23..... a few days away! I am 65 yrs old and looking forward to the revision as I do not fear having the revision, although I am starting to feel a little anxious which is normal!! I have complete confidence in my Dr who is very talented and excellent in this field. I would like to hear from revisioners about their experiences such as type of RNY revision and the results etc. I plan on being active on this forum because support is so important for success. Been there and done that. Looking forward again!

AngelicMythology
on 7/19/14 8:27 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I'm an rny revision. I went from proximal to distal. My pouch was left alone. I've lost 90 lbs so far since January 2013. Struggling to get that scale to move to get that last 5 off. If it doesn't happen, that's okay, too. Since revision, I've struggle with low vitamin d ( take a dry supplement everyday now) and low b12 ( do a monthly injection). I still take my regular vitamins like before. Also I am sensitive now to dairy.  

My energy is rocking this time. I've been taking this energy and channeling it in to exercise this time around. Even little things like parking at the end of parking lot even if there's the really awesome parking space open up front. I'd like to do another run. I did my first one back in June and what a rush! 

I also am trying to stay active on OH. Regardless of the revision type we had done, we just want to succeed this time around. It's a wonderful feeling knowing there are so many great people just a forum or email away. :) 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Ladyk5533
on 7/19/14 9:28 am

Congratulations to you AngelicMythology........you've done well and should be proud!!!  I'm so looking forward to my revision and getting more energy......I feel bad and do not want to go out to social events, so I look forward to getting back to myself!! I still have the restriction and can't eat much at a meal........my problem has been SWEETS and snacking on them keeps me satisfied!! I'm ready to start a new healthy lifestyle and hope my tolerance to sweets will make me sick or loose some of my sweetooth!! I really have to do this for my health because I've picked up co-morbids and it's o fun!! I have been in a strength training program for years but slacking on my cardio....so I'm looking forward to the motivation. I am 5'2 and currently weigh 208 lbs!!! I did it before and I'm not afraid to start over as I've learned a lot! I've been taking my vitamins to include D, B12, calcium, multi and more religiously each day for years!!!  Wishing you continued progress and fun times!!!  What specifically did you notice going from proximal to distal!!! 

tdbull
on 7/20/14 12:31 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I went from band to RNY and feel so much better. Lost all of my weight, have tons of energy and no acid reflux. Revision was the best decision I ever made. Feel free to ready my monthly blog and check out my photo album. Best of luck to you and hoping insurance covers it.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics