I am revised - and minus one gall bladder too!

catalina07
on 11/30/14 9:07 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Just want to post that I had my surgery 10 days ago. I no longer have a band and my insides are rearranged and have 7 holes in my belly. I also had my gall bladder removed at the same time. I am having a hard time recovering. Really slow going. still not driving. still need to take occasional pain meds (mostly at night). I was supposed to go back to school tomorrow but I am just not up to it yet. Essentially I had three surgeries at the same time. When I had the lap band surgery in 2007, I was in MUCH better shape by now. i am hoping its the combined three surgeries that is keeping me down. Actually most of my pain and discomfort is on the right side of my belly. I think it may have been a better choice to keep my gall bladder and remove it later if still necessary. The up side is that I wont have to go back under or take additional time off.  Does anyone have experience with revision AND gall bladder removal surgery at the same time?

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

yanynna
on 12/1/14 11:22 am - Irving, TX
Revision on 11/18/14

The recovery is very different from the band tot he bypass, I had a gastric bypass in 2006 then a gallbladder removal in 2009 and revision of the bypass 2 weeks ago, I would have chosen to have the bypass and the gallbladder removal at the same time instead of two different recoveries. You'll the through it, give it another 10 days and you should be fine, I'm 2 weeks post op and I still have a little pain but it's tolerable (but I'm very tolerant to pain), the recovery has been a little bit harder Thant the first time but I know it's worth it. No pain no gain!!! You're in the right track, pain will go away eventually and you'll see the surgery with different eyes and more positive!! Good luck!! 

catalina07
on 12/1/14 10:31 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Thank you for your reply. It was good to hear that hopefully the end of pain is coming soon. I am hoping to feel much for positive soon as well!

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

prettieyez824
on 12/3/14 1:19 am

Hello, I'm new to this board, but I have had a gastric bypass in 2006, I need a revision and I wanted to ask you some questions regarding what type of revision did you get and also what was the format that you had to go through to get it to happen. Thanks for your answers in advance. :-)

catalina07
on 12/3/14 7:25 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Sure, ask away. Why do you need a revision? What are you looking towards?  I had a lapband in 2007. I am now revised to gastric bypass. My insurance required a MILLION different type of tests and requirements. It took me awhile to get it all done but you just have to chip away at it. 

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Judy A.
on 12/2/14 7:08 am
RNY on 01/08/15

I also got my band in 2007 (Dec 26) and have the triple crown surgery (remove band, gastric bypass, remove gallblader) scheduled for January 8.  I remember going back to work after 10 days.  I'm figuring this will be 2-3 weeks??  

Judy

Long Island, NY

catalina07
on 12/3/14 7:32 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Hey Judy, we have a LOT in common! I am on Long Island as well and we were both banded in 07! I used Dr. Geiss in Syosset though even though Port Jeff is a lot closer to my home. I actually wanted to be a little away from my own area for privacy reasons. Who is doing your revision? Dr. Amhad? I LOVE that you called it "the triple crown surgery". I went back to work after 10 days with my band. to be honest, I am now 13 days out and I had planned on going back yesterday. I had to extend my time off. I am definitely not ready to go back yet. I am just starting to drive now but just barely. This is a lot harder recovery than I expected. At least I can say that I feel like I am coming through this now. I had some doubt in the beginning but I am now feeling stronger every day. I have learned that I have to listen to my body and not pu**** like I usually do.  Good Luck with everything. 

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Judy A.
on 12/3/14 8:36 pm
RNY on 01/08/15

A LOT in common!  I went to Dr. Geiss for a consultation before I met with Dr. Ahmad for my band.  Dr. Ahmad is also doing my revision surgery.  I live pretty close to Port Jefferson and grew up in Setauket.

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!  I had also taken about 10'days with the band. Right now I'm not working, but am looking for a new position- so I'd like to be "interview-ready" as soon as possible after the surgery.

hope you continue to feel better every day!

catalina07
on 12/6/14 12:09 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

We may have actually gone to the same schools!  I really liked the staff at Dr. Geiss's office....but after running into issues with my band, his answers were pretty awful and I have never been back to him since! I had my surgery done at Stony Brook this time.

Its now 16 days. I am not in much pain anymore thank god. Just feeling itchy, and I get tired very very quickly. I do feel myself getting stronger and stronger though.

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
Recent Topics