Lap Band to Sleeve

C J
on 3/14/15 7:52 am, edited 3/14/15 12:35 pm - , TN

If anyone has had this....please tell me your experience, and if it was at all like the band....THANK YOU :))

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Hislady
on 3/14/15 7:57 am - Vancouver, WA

There have been many, many who have revised from band to sleeve and they all say the same thing that the sleeve is like what we were told the band would be but wasn't. They say it is very different from the band at least as far as losing weight, with the sleeve they actually lose weight. Try post in this on the VSG forum and you will get lots of answers.

C J
on 3/14/15 12:38 pm, edited 3/14/15 12:39 pm - , TN

Thank you for your response.  I did post over there, and many sleevers did tell me their experience, but I am yet to have anyone that revised respond.  BUT, you are exactly right.  They way they describe their experience is all I hoped the band would be, but wasn't.  I saw you had yours removed.  Have you ever considered revision?  I, like you, believe the band is horrible.  That thing single handedly about drove me insane...literally.  I was beyond depressed.  It absolutely changed me as a person.  The Dr. *****moved it doesn't like bands AT ALL.  In my research, even those who are successful with the band, they do so at a cost.  I have come across few with NO problems. 

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Hislady
on 3/15/15 7:01 am - Vancouver, WA

Oh I so wish I could have revised to sleeve but I have COPD (lung disease) and it has gotten to a point where only really necessary surgery is allowed like getting the band out!! So far the band has messed me up so much that I've lost 50-60 lbs from not being able to eat. I have gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying) from the band and it is a horrible thing it makes you feel nausous and bloated to where you don't even want to eat and there is no cure or safe medication for it. So I'm pretty much stuck with whatever I can accomplish on my own! Sooner or later over 60% of banded people have some kind of serious problem. I wish you the best tho and hope all goes smooth for you!!!!

C J
on 3/15/15 11:08 am - , TN

It must have damaged your vagus nerve!!!! Stupid band.  I would say that even 90% of the success stories are miserable dealing with that thing!!!!! I bought into the hype.....Boy, was I wrong.

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Thundergrrrl
on 3/17/15 7:00 am

I just revised (yesterday) - so please keep in touch and I'll tell you how it goes.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active
Recent Topics