Slow weight loss after revision

lovely_me
on 4/4/15 2:52 am - NY

hi alll! I had a rny in 2006 and had a revision rny done on Feb. 26. SW 242 CW 231. Both my surgeon and I think the weight is coming off way too slow. I am following the surgeons instructions except I don't get the full 64 oz of fluids daily.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so afraid that the revision won't help me. 

Feb. 2006           11/05/06
Feb. 06                      Nov. 06
252lbs                        184lbs

Live life to the fullest and with a smile all the way

Hislady
on 4/4/15 11:07 am - Vancouver, WA

The lack of water alone could be the problem. People who don't drink all their water tend to slow way down on their weight loss. Also revisions tend to go slower than virgin surgeries. What type of revision did you have? There are several different names out there for different type revisions. The ROSE and Stomaphax have very poor results maybe 20-30 lbs is all.

lovely_me
on 4/4/15 11:30 am - NY

Hi Hislady! I had a rny to rny revision. I expect stalls throughout the journey. What really worried me was how upset the surgeon reacted. I'm going to work on my fluid intake and hope it helps. 

Feb. 2006           11/05/06
Feb. 06                      Nov. 06
252lbs                        184lbs

Live life to the fullest and with a smile all the way

Hislady
on 4/5/15 10:04 am - Vancouver, WA

I can imagine! It is pretty upsetting when the surgeon is upset, hopefully it was at himself and not you. Honestly I haven't read about any terribly successful RNY revisions unless they get into changing the intestinal connection and I don't know a lot about RNY just what I've read here. I do know the ROSE and Stomphyx procedures aren't very good, they are hoping the Apollo procedure will be better but no big results on that yet. So up your water and keep plugging along hopefully something will change soon! Good luck to you!

Lois M.
on 5/12/15 9:09 pm - Anchorage, AK
Hotchic
on 8/2/15 2:15 am

Hi I'm in anchorage.did dr.todd do your revision..I have the sleeve.lookin to get gastric bypass.

White Dove
on 8/2/15 3:25 am - Warren, OH

What are your surgeon's instructions?

Are you weighing yourself daily?

Are you tracking everything that you eat and drink?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 8/2/15 8:15 am

It's been a few months. How is your loss now? Are you weighing or measuring your portions? Tracking every bite? We tend to eat more than we think we are. To lose, I have to be really strict with my portion size and measuring is the only way I am sure of how much I am actually eating.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics