I need a sleeve revision, have you had one.

Rose M.
on 4/10/15 6:13 am

I am 5 years post sleeve and at my lowest was down to 165 (135 lbs loss)  In the past few months I have become excessively hungry and can't stop eating. I went to see the doctor and we did a swallow study. My sleeve has doubled in size and it actually looks like I have two stomachs. the center is about 2 inches long and as small as my pinky finger but both ends I could probably put my fist into it.   I also have a hiatal hernia.  Has anyone had a sleeve revision and if so did you have any complication. Was it as easy as the original or worse.

mornings
on 4/11/15 2:51 pm - Canada

hello  im from Canada ,  2 yrs ago  I had a sleeve done  , and  now im booked for a RNY  in may   my sleeve didn't bring me down where I wished to be so im lucky enough to have this revision coming ,,     my son has a sleeve and wow he lost so much weight he is very tiny now ,  I also have a hernia ,    heart burn  acid reflux is bad for me so im hoping this will heal me ,   I get  the sneezes when I  eat too much ,   so I hope this all will be fixed soon ,    revisions work  and whatever choice you make im sure will be great for you  ,  wishing you the best

mrios1029
on 4/14/15 12:17 pm - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12

Hi, I had sleeve in 2010 in Mexico. Only lost like 45lbs. I went to see a doctor here in the US that told me the sleeve had a bigger size and that's the reason I was gaining weight. I had a revision in 2012. 2 months after, got pregnant (I supposedly couldn't get pregnant). At that time I had Los another 45lbs. I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy which I lost right after. It's been a year and 4 months since I had my child and I'm starting to get very hungry again. I really can't tell you it didn't work because I didn't give it time. I can tell you I had no complications. To me it was the same as the first time. 

Are you getting a revision?

Rose M.
on 4/15/15 3:53 am

I am going on Monday to sign my consents, I will have the revision first week in May.

ordersteps
on 4/22/15 12:48 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Rose,

I just had a revision from the band to the sleeve and I really think that people need to find out more of a person's lifestyle. If one is not following instructions and eating and doing what they want, it would not be fair to share fail stories without telling what has really been going on.  I almost want to stay off the forum because their are those that are still out of control with their eating habits and saying the sleeve does not work.  I am having a hard time believing that from a lot of people that I have read on here.  Really sad that people are not honest and tell the truth, but get on here and tell horrible stories when in fact they are often the cause of failure.....just sad.

ordersteps
on 4/22/15 12:51 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Sorry Rose, that was not for you, I was just committing and I am new to the forum.  I thought you started the post and was adding in.  My commit was not directed to you, I was sharing what I have found on this forum.

Most Active