Just revised from sleeve to RNY

HKT53
on 7/23/15 7:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

yes, I am just out of surgery Juky 10 revision to RNY. I had a sleeve done in 1989...by 1990 I started to complain about acid reflux, distal valve sticking and vomiting... but only if I ate too much or a bit too fast. as time went on Gerd got worse, I asked for help. I had HPilori, twisted stomach, broken distal valve. Finally January 2013 all solids were rejected and the opening at the sleeve reduced to allowing just a trickle of liquids and all meat juices were rejected. all fruits were rejected. Only liquids and juiced vegetables would stay down. For six months I went to several ER looking for help. Sometimes I was so enimic, I had to be hooked up to am IV. I was forced to live on three cans of ensure a day. Finally, I find a surgeon who knows what I'm talking about and it took from Sep to April For insurance to approve. Each day got harder and harder to survive. For a year and half I vomited average of six times a day. and the pain was excruciating. In my mind the revision was the only answer. Since July 10, not once with acid reflux. I'm still healing and full fluids are so much better than the thin soups and water down ensure, I was living on. Saw the surgeon today...he was amazed how healthy I looked and walked tall. The surgery took 3 hrs mainly to separate my stomach from my pancreas and liver.  I should have found somebody 10 years ago to fix my problem. If there are medical reasons and digestion problems ... Please please get help. I am so thankful. I'm not the least worried about gaining weight back. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have been more vigilant against carbs and sugar. So if you are doing it, don't be afraid. Science has come a long way since 1989.

Most Active
Recent Topics