4 days post op revision from lap band to rny

clnewsome_85
on 10/22/15 11:18 am
RNY on 10/19/15

First off i would like to say I feel amazing! I walked immediately after surgery and kept it up. I have taken my pain meds once since I got home yesterday. My surgery lasted 4.5 hours long which was 2 hours longer than antisapated! I had a lot of scar tissue and my surgeon had so much to remove. Needless to say I am so impressed with dr. Mancini and his team. He/they did wonderful. Propel makes me slightly nauseous but I have done good with ice water and broth. Today I have had about 30 ounces of fluid so far with hopes of 20 more before bed. My swallow test the day after surgery was with in normal limits. I really anticipated my discomfort to be alot more than what it is. Please keep your fingers crossed that all stays going well. Anyone else out there that has recently had RNY SURGERY OR REVISSION? Just wanting your input, I have no clue what to keep expecting.

my hands and stomach are very swollen, my discomfort that I do have is more of in my rib cage area. So it's easier to get around. Tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

mwoods1234
on 10/26/15 1:19 pm

I'm about 4 weeks post op from band to bypass revision. I also had very little to no pain when I got home, I figured I was one of the lucky ones. I noticed after a week or so more stuff made me nauseated, I could no longer stomach the premier protein I lived on in pre op. I was very swollen in my stomach as well, especially where the port was removed. I seemed to have a divit or an indention where my port was.

So far all is good now... I walked a lot in the beginning and it really helped with swelling and if you have gas pain that is how to get rid of it.

Everyday gets easier physically. The mental part I feel like is just a daily challenge. Sounds like your doing amazing, just keep up the work and you got this!! Congrats!!!

Michelle

clnewsome_85
on 10/27/15 5:28 pm
RNY on 10/19/15

Thanks Michelle! I am now into my second week and still feel good. Smells make me nauseous but mother than that, great. I just started cloudy liquids this week, I can handle about 3 ounces of premier at one time. So far I have gotten 1 shake in a day, it's a start! My incision where my port was removed is the most sensitive, I still have my strips on son haven't get around a lot. I hate you have had some trouble. Did your doc give you nausea medicine, I have some but haven't needed it. I currently take an anti acid daily and will start my multi and d3 Monday November 2nd. Tomorrow I am going to try some skim milk but I am admit to doing it bc that's space taken instead of high protein but I need to introduce dairy into my diet if I plan on trying cottage cheese next week! eeeeeek the little things in life!

I went back back to work today (8 days) out. It felt so good to be back, only stayed 4 hours but it's something, I've been enjoying the time off!

Keep me posted on your progress!!!

chels

mwoods1234
on 10/28/15 12:21 pm

I do have nausea meds but It's never occurred to me to take them. It's the kind that makes you sleepy so maybe that's why. My problem was from trying to swallow an extended release pill that can't be crushed. When the Dr on staff at the hospital released me after surgery she didn't change this medication and it was noted that I could swallow it. So there is where the problem ensued... big problem I ended up throwing up all day and back in the hospital for fluids, nausea meds and another EGD which showed I just had inflammation and swelling in and around my pouch (fortunately no obstruction ) So I am getting off my week of clear liquids tomorrow. Hopefully I can move right back to puree foods as I have 2 more weeks of those then I can move onto real food. Fingers crossed I am ready to chew something.

Have you ever seen Fair Life milk? it's got a good amount of protein for milk. I buy the skim milk it's 13 grams for 8 ounces and 1/2 the sugar and carbs as regular store bought brands. I use this often to mix my shakes and it really helps get in the protein.

My plan I'm supposed to have 80-100 g of protein by now and goodness..it's next to impossible to get that in. lol

Good luck back to work hope things go smoothly.

Michelle

nininn
on 10/27/15 6:35 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

I am starting at about the same weight as you! looking forward to seeing/hearing about your progress because I am right behind you..going in on 11/2 !!

"slow and steady wins the race..."

clnewsome_85
on 10/28/15 4:46 am
RNY on 10/19/15

That's awesome! I just weighed in at 207.5 this morning and I'm 9 days out :-) hope everything goes great and as planned! I am on you tube too!

My email is [email protected]

i think you can search that way

hteadtbear
on 10/29/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 09/01/15

WOW!! I was off all 6 weeks after my surgery on 9/1. You sound like your doing good to go back that early. I didn't want to take all 6 weeks off but it ended up being okay that I did. There was just that 1 stitched area that was so painful but once it popped it was much better. I walked pretty regularly after surgery but I hated anything on my stomach. I still don't like anything tight on it but it doesn't hurt just not comfortable.

I do really good now at 8 weeks getting all the protein in I need but I am getting really tired of the sweet so trying to experiment with some non-flavored proteins mixed in things. I can eat more protein but still not enough.

Wish you all well!!

Most Active
Recent Topics