Overstitch Procedure For Weight Gain After Gastric Bypass

Sandra Johnson
Smiddy

on 3/27/16 10:16 pm - Fairfield, OH

Anyone had this done?  Was it a success?  How many years out were you?

Proud member since 08/2007 of
                                        "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Red High Heels" 

Hislady
on 4/2/16 7:41 pm - Vancouver, WA

I haven't personally had it done but I know a bariatric nurse who said her doc is very impressed with the outcome he has seen so far and that it is much better than the ROSE and STOMAPHYX that was being used. It may need to be done again in a few years but still they are hopeful that this will be a good fix for many that need help with this type of surgery

sarahalpough
on 4/7/16 10:05 am

I WILL BE HAVING OVERSTITCH DONE ON MAY 9TH, I HAD MY EDG DONE ON YESTERDAY TO SEE IF MY POUCH HAD STRETCHED AND AS I THOUGHT IT DID. MY DOCTOR WAS ALSO CHECKING TO SEE IF I HAD GOOD TRIGGER POINTS TO BE ABLE TO USE FOR THE OVERSTITCHING AND SHE SAYS I DO.  I HAD GASTRICK BY PASS 13 YRS AGO AND IS HAS BEEN A SUCCESS, HOWEVER, I NEVER REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT BUT I LOSS 168LBS AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THEM OFF ALL EXCEPT 28LBS.   I AM A HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL OFFICIAL AND I AM TRYING TO GET INTO COLLEGE OFFICIATING NOW AND I WANT TO LOSE TO 28LBS. IVE REGAINED AND ALSO LOSE ABOUT ANOTHER 20 TO REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT.  DR. RACHEL MOORE SAYS I AM A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR THIS PROCEDURE BECAUSE I GOAL IS REASONABLE AND ATTAINABLE.  IF WE ARE LOOKING TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF WEIGHT WITH THE OVERSTITCH REVISION WE WILL DISAPPOINTED.  THEREFORE, I AM VERY HOPEFUL AND EXCITED FOR MAY 9TH 2016.  I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED IN THE COMING WEEKS AND THE POST OP WEEKS.

fishman1980
on 4/21/16 11:31 am
Revision on 06/10/16

I am going to be having this done in a few weeks. I went from 280 down to 150 with RNY, since then I have went back up to 212 and very unhappy about this. Dr say this is a good thing to have done.

Does anyone know of any good questions to ask the DR?

How long were you out of work for?

Did you have to say overnight?

ajhunsche
on 4/28/16 5:31 pm

I went to my surgeon about 1 month ago and he said there is generally nothing that can be done . . . from what I am reading here, that is not the case.  He sent me for an Upper GI, which I had done today, and they say that my pouch appeared small, it was emptying almost immediately and there were signs of a hiatal hernia.  I have gained back about 70% of the weight I lost since December 2009 (almost 100 pounds) and it only started about 2 years ago.  I am so devastated; I feel horrible; I have no energy; I'm severely depressed . . . I just feel like a failure -- not sure what happened!  I did stop exercising in summer 2011, due to the sudden and traumatic loss of my first husband, but I actually felt more confident and strong in dealing with this, because I was thinner.  Does anyone have any info they could share?  Does a hiatal hernia cause weight gain?  Under what conditions will they do an overstitch or revision to a RNY?  If I have to go to a different surgeon, I will . . .

Thanks . . .

ajhunsche

nickie2524
on 2/23/18 10:11 am

I was just approved today so I'd also like to hear if anyone has had this done.

CDarata
on 8/14/18 11:04 am - Amherst, NY

I recently had an EGD done to assess for a fistula. Well, there was no fistula, but my stoma has completely widened, I have no restriction anymore. My surgeon just recommended me for this procedure however he doesn't do it nor could he give me the name of a surgeon who does. I'm in the Buffalo, NY area. Can anyone offer me a physician that's anywhere near me? Even a few hours drive is fine. I just can't find anyone.

Most Active
Recent Topics