Back on OH

HippieDreads
on 8/21/16 10:59 am

I will be a revision from Sleeve to RYN. I'm looking forward to the surgery as the sleeve was unsuccessful for me. I may have to start the six month diet again because I don't know if my doctor has it recent or not. It has to be within the last two years for my insurance to accept it. I'm a little concerned because this time around I'm vegetarian. I guess I'm going to be on shakes forever. That doesn't bother me too much and it makes meal planning simple that's for sure. One meal will be a shake every day and a snack a shake too. I have to watch also because I'm anemic and on iron. Going to have to monitor that closely because when my iron is low I'm very lethargic. I sleep easily 16+ hrs a day. My husband is going to be having RYN too but this is a first surgery for him. He may be having surgery before me because his 6 months of recorded diet the doctor has. SO we will see. But with me being vegetarian I think it will be easier on me while he's going through this and easier for me to be supportive as he's a meat eater.

Anne O.
on 8/22/16 1:15 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Hi. Good to see you back. 

Why do you think the sleeve wasn't successful for you? I'm just curious. I had a revision from lapband to sleeve on 6/30/2016 and have been doing pretty well. 

If you are already having a hard time getting in and absorbing iron with the sleeve, are you sure you want RNY? That could make it even more difficult to absorb iron.  What good is it if you are thin, but severely anemic? I've had times in the past where I was anemic and have a family history of anemia - that's one of the reasons I stayed away from bypass.  

Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes. :)

-Anne 

HippieDreads
on 8/23/16 8:33 am

I believe there was a combination of reasons why my sleeve didn't work. First and foremost he didn't make the pouch small enough, second my medication was changed shortly after I had surgery making it difficult to loose weight. I'm stable on medications now and have more self control over the cravings medication puts on me. I also did a lot of eating when I clearly should have been drinking. I had cotton mouth from my meds I was so dry and would eat instead of drink. I only lost thirty pounds and now quitting smoking again I'm going over where I started with the first surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics