OMG SERIOUSLY????

soldierzgirl36
on 3/22/11 11:46 pm - WA
Ok, so I just had my period on the 3rd and surgery on the 7th. I wake up to find myself bleeding again?????? @ in one month? Wonder if i should be worried.... Has this ever happened to someone who always has regular periods all the time and just after having surgery having another one right after?

SOLDIERZGIRL

lee12197
on 3/22/11 11:50 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
I may be wrong but im pretty sure this is ok....you have already lost a bit of weight right? I think i remember reading a post of yours saying that...estrogen is stored in fat so for a lil while all your hormones are ganna be a lil outta wack and things wont be quite regular...sorry that you seem to be having such a hard time with everything just try and remember the final outcome!

babybooo828
on 3/22/11 11:50 pm
 I don't think it is anything much to worry about. Stress/trauma can cause your body to do lots of things, such as getting your period way too soon. 

Also, it really won't hurt you. When I was a teen, I got my period every two weeks! Its sucked but it didn't hurt me or anything. I probably needed a little extra iron, but the doctor didn't even have me do that until I was an adult and my periods were more regular.

all-about-fun
on 3/22/11 11:55 pm - Minden, Canada
I don't really get periods amymore, because of Mirena, and after surgery I started to bleed. I wouldn't be concerned, too much going on with your body right now. It is in super heal mode, give it time, and relax

Kiya95
on 3/23/11 1:30 am - MD
OT: Okay since you mention your Mirena I have a question. I had my Mirena inserted two weeks ago and I AM STILL BLEEDING!! I cant take this. How long did you believe after your Mirena is inserted! I am going crazy... It isnt just spotting. I am having a full blown ongoing menstrual cycle!!!

Kiya

Stacy4442
on 3/22/11 11:56 pm
I had my period for six weeks after surgery.  It was awful.  But between the hormone shifts with weight loss and malabsorption of the pill (if you are on it) this is not abnormal.  It just sucks. 

poet_kelly
on 3/23/11 12:06 am - OH
It's pretty common. Annoying, but common.  It's 'cause your hormones are all screwy.
gizmo113
on 3/23/11 12:10 am - Camby, IN
Before surgery on the 17th, they told me that I might start my period again even though I've already had it for this month. Something about horomones... Boo!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

keepitoff91
on 3/23/11 12:16 am
Our surgical coordinator said during our informational class that it is VERY common for menstrating women to get their period immediately after surgery.  She advised bringing maxipads to the hospital just in case.  She said she didn't really know why, but assumed it's from the trauma of surgery.  No worries!
MsColorado
on 3/23/11 12:34 am
 That is exactly what happened to me - in fact I started my period again while in the hospital after surgery. It had only been a week or so since my last period. It happens. Luckily, I had been warned about this by my surgeon's office and was prepared for the most part.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views