Protein bars.... which ones do you eat???

curvaceousdiva
on 3/23/11 1:52 am - Hyattsville, MD
Met-rx is on sale this week Taste tolerable... BUT I can only eat like a couple bites then Im full.  They have 310 calories 32g of carbs with 27g sugar alcohols, but 32g of protein??? 

Is that ok???
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Frances S.
on 3/23/11 1:54 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I used to eat met-rx bars a long time ago... yuck.

right now my favorites are supreme protein bars.  They come in a snack size that is 190 calories and 15 grams of protein.  the peanut butter crunch and chocolate caramel are the best.  I buy them from gastricbypasssupplements.com, but you can also get them at GNC, some Walmarts, amazon, etc.

cindy31
on 3/23/11 2:04 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
I am currently using pure protein bars 20g protein, 2g sugar , 200calories, 16g cargs sugar alcohol 6g, they taste pretty good, and they were the best I could find as far as sugar , carbs and colories I think atkins were the second better choice to this one I at 1/4 of the bar for breakfast I get full quickly off of them.
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
poet_kelly
on 3/23/11 2:08 am - OH
I like Atkins Daybreak bars, Luna, and Pure Protein.

Those sound like way too many calories and sugar alcohols to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tcunningham
on 3/23/11 2:11 am - Bay Minette, AL
I was doing the Detour bars but that got old quick, if I eat one is by pure protein, or a luna bar(the lemon zest is the bomb).

Timeka

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/11 2:11 am - OH
The only protein bars I can stomach these days are the Oh Yeah! and Cinnamon Cookie Roll protein bars, both of whihc are higher in stats than would be sound for early post-ops.  At 3.5 years out, however, I can eat almost anything so I refuse to eat something that does not taste GOOD... nothing just "tolerable" passes my lips!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

laura_vermont
on 3/23/11 2:16 am
Lovin' Oh Yeah wafer bars & powerCrunch.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

all-about-fun
on 3/23/11 2:32 am - Minden, Canada
Supreme Protein 15g, and it is a huge treat for me to eat them they are delicious.....

lynnc99
on 3/23/11 3:05 am
That nutrition label would have me crawling under the table. I can't tolerate that much sugar alcohol, and the carb and calorie counts are very high even for 32 gm. of protein.

My guidelines for protein bars are:
200 calories or less
5 gm sugar or less
Ideally 20 gm protein or more
Under 10 g sugar alcohols
Under 20 g carbohydrates

The one that fits best according to these guidelines are Pure Protein bars. I use them only sparingly though, or when travelling.
nate2009
on 3/23/11 3:31 am - Lebanon, OH
You have to try Quest protein bars. To me they taste the best but they are the only true healthy bar there is.

Vanilla Almond
230 cals, 20g protein(whey and milk isolate), 12g fat (only 1 saturated), 15g fiber, 2g sugar, 0 sugar alchohols

The fiber and good fat will keep things moving as well.

if you go to the website they will send you 2 free to try.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views