So thankful already!

ChasingButterflies
on 3/24/11 4:19 am - FL
I realized today that I've been on the sidelines of my own life since my children were born.  They are 9 and 5.  Today, I found JOY in being outside with my daughter as she rode her bike in the driveway.  We blew bubbles, and we walked around the block while she pushed her babydoll in her old stroller!  I've missed so much and I never even realized it.  I wake up, I feel refreshed.  I feel younger, I don't hurt, and I'm not ready for a nap by 10 AM!  I'm down 25 pounds and I have a new hope for my life.  I can only imagine what the rest of my weight loss will bring me.  I really want to thank everyone here for answering all my questions that I had when I was torn about doing this surgery.  I am blessed.
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
shoven21187
on 3/24/11 4:51 am - Saint Paul, MN
 Yay for you getting to thoroughly enjoy your time with you children!! I just came home from surgery yesterday and I am excited to start feeling better and losing! I am most looking forward to the NSV over the numerical goals. Numbers are numbers, but I cant wait to be able to run around at a park, go biking, or just walk around for the day and not feel like Im dying at the end! :-) Congrats on your 25!

Lori B.
on 3/24/11 4:51 am - Fields, OR
I am so happy to hear that you are reaping the benefits of RNY already.  I'm sure it will only get better for you and your family!  Best wishes for continued sucess.
Lori

Amy T.
on 3/24/11 5:05 am - CA
So happy for you and can totally relate to what you are feeling!!!

A couple of days ago,  I wrote a list of things I want to do post op.  The last thing on my list was "To be an active participant in my life and no longer a spectator"

I only wish I had done it when my kids were younger too.  Mine are 21 and 12.  I guess its never too late though to give them a healthy mom!!!

Cheers to you!  I enjoy reading your posts!
Amy
Melissalove3
on 3/24/11 6:12 am - Portland, OR
I agree with you! I didnt realize I was missing out on some things my kids were doing too!!! It just gets better and better as you loose also!! 

Huggz99
on 3/24/11 9:05 am - Pensacola, FL
I know how you feel. I also did not realize how much I was missing until after RNY. I am now a little over4 months out and down 97 pounds since my six month diet before surgery and down around 76 pounds since surgery. I feel great and I like spending time outside now. Before I could not stand the outside but now I prefer it. Today I washed my car and played with the kids in the water. I look forward to seeing your progress and mine also.

Be happy with who you are.

Weight Loss since  my 6 month supervised Diet:   
Weight Loss since surgery:          
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views