Fun NSV today!

twincredible
on 3/23/11 12:13 pm
I went to Fashion Bug today to pick up a couple new shirts and pants for work and some workout clothes.    The store I was in has plus size clothing on one side and "regular" sizes on the other side.   Of course, I went to the plus side and the saleslady said "Miss, this is the plus size side, you need to go to the other side."  I smiled and said that I wasn't sure what size I needed, but that I was sure I needed to be on this side. 

She looked at me like I was nuts and said "But you are definitley NOT plus sized."  

So, I went to the other side and found a pair of yoga pants, two tank tops, three blouses for work, and a pair of pants.........all in a LARGE!    I have never had that much fun in a dressing room in my life!

I am trying to get my head caught up here, but the idea that I am not plus sized anymore is crazy!  I have been obese for over 20 years....most of my adolescence and all of my adult life.  I honestly have no idea who this woman is who is a normal sized person......but I am looking forward to getting to know her!
Melissa
HW 320/SW 280/CW 149.5 /GW 145

Laura in Texas
on 3/23/11 12:18 pm
Good for you!!  Glad you enjoyed the experience.  I must admit when I made the switch from plus-sized to regular sized I completely freaked out and could not enjoy shopping for a while until my mind caught up...

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

twincredible
on 3/23/11 12:22 pm
I had a moment of panic, but then I was able to step back and realize how cool it was!

One thing that helps....at Fashion Bug, they have the exact same clothes in all sizes 0-32.  So, if I saw something that I liked, it was available in whatever size I needed.

I am still learning, though, what styles and cuts look good on me now.  I used to be able to look at a shirt and know if it was long enough, boxy enough, etc. to cover me up.  Now, I am trying to figure out what I need to wear to look my best.  I am shocked to realize that things that actually fit look so much better than things that are so baggy.
Melissa

Melissalove3
on 3/23/11 12:52 pm - Portland, OR
I had that a week or so ago. I had a bunch of 1x items and they were all too big..Its so crazy!! Congrats on your size Large!!!  

twincredible
on 3/23/11 12:54 pm
Thanks!  It is pretty amazing!  Congrats to you, too!
Melissa

Suite1
on 3/23/11 1:52 pm - Dayton, OH
I kinda freaked out at first about going back to normal sized clothing stores...what if a size 14 wasn't really THEIR size 14 and what if it was all a grand conspiracy.? LOL.     This past weekend I went shopping for a formal dress for an event next weekend.  I had a BLAST trying on different styles, colors, lengths - in size 10 and 12.   The dress I ended up with is nothing I would have typically tried on or gone for, for a variety of reasons, but it was just perfect and very flattering.   I used to hate going to formal events, now I find myself hoping we'll get more invites just so I can go buy more pretty dresses.    Like you, I have no idea who this new person is, but I think I like her a lot!

The best part was when my hubby asked "will it still fit in two weeks?".  
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

chrisgraves
on 3/23/11 9:43 pm - MA
THanks for sharing!  What a win for you!!!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics