OT: when it rains, it pours!

nfarris79
on 3/28/11 3:04 am - Germantown, MD
 So, not sure if any of you post-ops have experienced this but I'm probably not as unique as I think.... 2 weeks to go before surgery and I'm dealing with a difficult move (office, not home), someone stole my husband's SSN so we're dealing with IRS/FTC/SSA/police to get this resolved so we can file our friggen taxes (and I'm paying out, not getting any money!!), my mother's coming up here for 4 days (ugh... for so many reasons,  UGH!!!!), I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow and despite my swearing up & down that "no more off-diet days" I fell to the temptations of potato rolls, pizza & cookies today, oh and my clients are all going bat-sh** crazy! Of course their lives are falling apart, just when I need them to all be doing well..... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I don't normally rant like this, at least not in public, but I'm really having a tough time.  Just need some support, hear some "it'll be ok"s, and maybe some "don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon another day because you're gonna be doing straight liquids for 2 weeks".  All I wanna do is cry or scream. I'm so freaked out about the 2 week liquids and maybe freaked about really having this surgery after hoping/planning for 5 years..... If I'm honest with myself, I really am POd for giving in today. I really had every plan of staying on my pre-op diet today and not "allowing" myself a free-for-all today. Ugh! Really disgusted with this pitty-party I'm having right now too.
I'm hoping you all can see where I'm coming from. 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

credregal
on 3/28/11 3:07 am - Galveston, TX
Don't worry, things always turnout for the better. I know it can be hard to stay on track (believe me, I can relate), but it will be worth it.

SugarGrl
on 3/28/11 3:12 am
{{BIG HUG}}  You do have a lot on your plate and have a right to vent!!  One day off from your diet shouldn't hurt anything ya just have to get right back on the right path and take things one step at a time. I'm having to pay taxes this year (a lot) and I'm sick about it too.  Come on here and scream and rant and rave and you will find lots of understanding folks but keep your eye on the big prize, you getting healthy! 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Ladytazz
on 3/28/11 3:15 am
I personally think pre op diets are ridiculous. I had 2 WLS and never had to have a pre op diet and I'm still alive to talk about it. I don't know that I could have done it. I suppose if I had to but the point is, after the surgery I was able to stick with the plan. I had just had major surgery and eating wasn't on top of my list and it was no problem sticking with the rules. Most of my stomach was gone for God's sake. Makes it a lot easier to eat less.
I'm not saying don't sweat it. Just do the best you can do. I understand all about the liver so it is important to shrink that down but making yourself feel bad about what you ate is a set up to eat more. It's a new day. Let it go and move on.
You will do fine. Sorry about all the stress. Hopefully things will look up.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

nfarris79
on 3/28/11 3:17 am - Germantown, MD
 Thanks guys! It helps me alot to hear encouraging words.....
turningpoint
on 3/28/11 3:40 am

Hang in there!  No one is perfect and we all make wrong food choices sometimes.  the key is to move forward and try to make better choices.  don't let yourself use it as an excuse to make more bad choices. 

While the liquid diet is hard, it is needed to shrink the liver to get it out of the way for surgery.   The previous poster who disagrees with it's necessity is neither a dr nor familiar with YOUR medical history, so don't po-po the liquid diet on her say!    Not everyone has to do one, but if your Dr requires it then so be it.  Keep your eye on the prize and come here for support and we will help you through.

Hang tough!

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Ladycavez
on 3/28/11 3:53 am
Wow, you have a lot on your plate. It will be okay. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I did not have a pre-op diet. I just had to do clear liquids the day before surgery, and even then I got so hungry that I ate an energy bar the evening before surgery! Until now, I never told anyone that secret!

Hang in there. I'll say a prayer for ya!
Hugs,
Carly
nfarris79
on 3/28/11 3:57 am - Germantown, MD
 Carly, your secret is safe with me  And thank you, because it really made me smile!
tcunningham
on 3/28/11 4:10 am - Bay Minette, AL
 I am sorry about all the issues going on in your life and having to do your pre-op diet also.  That's stressful enough without all other life issues.  Be encouraged and I pray everything will work out.  Don't let this one day get you down I found out the first three days were the hardest for me and after that I could handle the issues going on around me.  I stayed on track for the most part (read: I fail a couple of times and got back to liquids only) and lost 14lbs in ten days, so you will be fine.  You are human, so have your pity-party moment and shake yourself off and prepare for your pre-op tomorrow.  You will do fine, and congrats on your upcoming surgery. 

Timeka
biggbabeefornow
on 3/28/11 5:19 am - brownstown, MI
Sorry that everything is going on at one time and believe me I know how super stressful it is right now I have things going on 2 days  b4 my surgery (3-30-11)  and i was suppoes to do liquids all day today and tommorow to test my will power and wouldnt you know it I found a reason to cheat but this is the one place you can come and vent without being judged so vent if you need to just remeber that you can start over tomorrow and you will because your human and we all make mistakes. The end result is going to be the best reward
       sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 103 views
Recent Topics
What?s on tap for this Saturday?