Tired!

Koko10
on 3/29/11 3:26 am - NC
Has anyone had this problem, the last week or so I am really sleepy. I get all of my sleep at night (8-9 hrs) but it's hard to get up in the mornings. I start nodding off when I sit still for more than 30 minutes, especially around 10 AM and lunch time. Then by the time I get home, I just want to stretch across the bed and take a 2 hr nap. I'm taking all of my vitamins and getting most of my protein in. I'm having problems with my liquids though. Any suggestions?

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

ajalew
on 3/29/11 3:52 am - Sanford, MI
Not getting enough water can make you tired.  Have you been checked for iron and B12 levels?

Are you getting enough green foods each day?   Something that really helped me get my energy levels up is an all natural (no added vitamins!) protein/super greens supplement called Rainbow Light Protein Energizer.  It has spirulina in it which is a complete protein plus it has spinach, kale, wheat grass and other all natural energy boosters.  The product gets RAVE reviews from those who try it and its easy on the stomach. 

I get the vanilla flavor and mix it in a smoothie with strawberries, banana, greek yogurt, almond milk, and a little bit of pinapple juice.  YUM!  It's so good it's like a dessert.  It's a great way to start the day and it doesn't have all the additives most protein supplements do so it's a lot better for you sensitive RNY system.  

Make sure you're not getting TOO many vitamins.  The wrong vitamins in large quantities can cause problems which is why I personally avoid protein supplements with added vitamins.  Its better to have supplements that are strictly vitamin (like B Complex in LIQUID) versus having it added to something else.   

And lastly, something I've just learned a lot about more recently - and can already tell a difference! - is taking a well-rounded digestive supplement.   It helps our altered stomachs absorb the good stuff from our food much better and get rid of the not so good stuff in our food a lot better (fats, carbs, sugars, artificial anything).   I can tell when I don't take it with a meal, it makes that big of a difference for me.  I've also read it can really help with weight loss too.  I'm currenlty pregnant so not trying to lose weight, but thought I'd mention that.  LOL

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??