OMG I HAVE A DATE!!!

MELMEL308
on 3/30/11 5:16 am - PA

May 16th!!!!  I can't believe it's going to happen!!!

I will have to say all of these posts today have been scary... one after another i have been reading complications...I am excited..but at the same time..SCARED TO DEATH!!!

~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 5:22 am - SC
That's not that far away at all!  The time will pass before you know it.

I know it's scary reading about the complications, but just keeping asking yourself what kind of complications you could have down the road if you stay obese?  That helps me reset my brain a little bit.  When I think about the risks associated with the RNY it is a little overwhelming.  Then, I think about what my life is going to be like if I continue down this path I'm on.  It makes the risk worth it for me. You're not alone in being scared.

Congrats on getting your date!
MissTootsie
on 3/30/11 5:23 am - MA
Congratulations!  My surgery is scheduled for May 10th!

I hear you on the scary posts, but try to focus on the good ones!  It's good to read both, get to learn more about what can and can't happen.  I'm just working on keeping a positive attitude.

But like you, I am scared too!!!
"You must do the things you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt   

desertdancer
on 3/30/11 5:24 am
congrats hun! I know its a hard and long journey and to get a date is an amazing thing.

I too am scared, and kinda wishing I could see more of the success. The true things that worry me most is the long term insulin/panreas possible issues, the major complications that are hard to fix, and the RH i keep reading about. But at the same time, I see so many who are so much happier with the weight loss. Its a rollercoaster of emotion right now for sure.

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

cmauler1
on 3/30/11 5:24 am
We have the same surgery date!!!!  I too, am so scared but excited!!  The emotions are crazy......

~Chrissy
Surgery May 23, 2011- WooHoo!!!!!!

1Haute Diva
on 3/30/11 6:13 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 Congrats on getting a date!  
- Shaw

MELMEL308
on 3/30/11 6:24 am - PA

Thanks Everyone!!!  It feels so surreal...lol Now I have a million things running through my head.. Like what I am going to start eating..I never really had a routine..I guess now is the perfect time to start making that routine.. For so long i have been living to eat instead of eating to live.. I always made such a big part of my day on what we were going to eat... I seen someone say "I am scared not that the surgery will fail, but that i will fail the surgery."  I feel that way.. For so long i have been up and down on my weight...and for as long as I can remember have been dieting... I am going to do this..and beat this.. not just for me..but for my beautiful daughter... She is the number 1 reason i am doing this!!!

~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
AddisynsMommy
on 3/30/11 1:11 pm - FL
 yay!! i am sooo happy for u!! congrats!! it'll be here before u know it.. kit
MELMEL308
on 3/31/11 2:18 am - PA
Thanks Katie!!  How have you been feeling?
                            ~Melanie~
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 86 views